Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E02: Range of Motion

• Start Topic

I'll certainly say this for the show, it sure is equality opportunity when it comes to male or female nudity. I have also lost track of possible love triangles, its more like this show is one giant love quadrangle. 

What is this cops deal, besides using this case to work out her own stuff? Is she stalking these kids on her own time, or on the clock? Aren't there other cases to solve with people begging cops to take a look at? Or other cops stuff she should be doing? Really, since the students are teenagers, they should just tell her that they cant talk to her without a parent or guardian present. 

Does this guy really want a super dramatic and sexy Jack the Ripper ballet? Because that sounds more like something purposefully campy and over the top, not something unironically intense. 

• Love 4

Still really rough acting all around but some of the actors are showing signs of improvement.  While the blonde actress is definitely not a "good liar", at least she's been able to show some different emotions.  It probably doesn't help that they are given such heavy handed plot points and stereotypes (like popping a pain pill IN FRONT OF the Board of Directors, seriously?!).

On a side note: it was starting to grate my nerves by the end of the episode that the main character's name is "Nevaeh" (i.e. heaven spelt backwards).  Not entirely sure why.  Maybe that it's just another example of the heavy-handed writing.

• Love 1
10 hours ago, zenithwit said:

On a side note: it was starting to grate my nerves by the end of the episode that the main character's name is "Nevaeh" (i.e. heaven spelt backwards).  Not entirely sure why.  Maybe that it's just another example of the heavy-handed writing.

My sister had a girl in her class that was named Nevaeh specifically because it was heaven spelled backwards. So cringe. Oddly enough, the character in this show's name is spelled Neveah, so basically heaven misspelled backwards, which cracks me up.

6 minutes ago, Meedis said:

I didn't realize that the Neveah actress (Kylie Jefferson) that it's her first credited role ever according to IMDB.    The fact that it is makes me grade her performance on a curve.   

Same. When I saw that this was her first role I thought well then she's actually doing quite well lol.

• LOL 2
12 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:

My sister had a girl in her class that was named Nevaeh specifically because it was heaven spelled backwards. So cringe. Oddly enough, the character in this show's name is spelled Neveah, so basically heaven misspelled backwards, which cracks me up

Oh snap!  I didn't even realize the different spelling.  It almost seems like someone made a typo along the way and they just never corrected it.

• LOL 1
  • Love 2

I don’t understand why Naveah is having all these nightmares about Cassie and even visiting her, considering she didn’t meet her and thus didn’t know her. 

I feel like there are way too many unnecessary sex scenes in this. None of them have added anything to the story or the characters. 

Bette’s mom giving her Vicodin, or was it Percocet, to get her through a minor injury spells a recipe for disaster. 

And June seems a bit daft, does she not see what a coincidence it is that she and her partner get locked on the roof, which results in Bette, her best friend, conveniently there to fill the gap. Yet she blames this debacle on Naveah. Ok. 

I didn’t realize this show is based on a series of books. I’m betting the books are better  

I thought the show would improve with this episode but it didn’t. I’ll likely not continue watching from here.

Edited by Enero
  • Love 6
On 12/18/2020 at 6:38 AM, peachmangosteen said:

My sister had a girl in her class that was named Nevaeh specifically because it was heaven spelled backwards. So cringe. Oddly enough, the character in this show's name is spelled Neveah, so basically heaven misspelled backwards, which cracks me up.

Every time I see this terrible name in print, I always read it literally as "backwards heaven" but now I will be thinking "backwards hay-ven" due to this boneheaded misspelling!

On 12/20/2020 at 12:50 PM, Enero said:

And June seems a bit daft, does she not see what a coincidence it is that she and her partner get locked on the roof, which results in Bette, her best friend, conveniently there to fill the gap. Yet she blames this debacle on Naveah. Ok.

Especially considering that after Ramon announced the four pairs, Bette's reaction was to loudly announce to the room that JUNE SUCKS.

I knew that the "we have to get out of here" comment from Oren was going to result in a Center Stage-esque dancing at a club scene! And I guess Bette is going to eventually get involved with Caleb the lock guy. I did laugh when he showed up in the dorm as the lock guy and one of the ballet guys responded by saying, "CALEB?" as if they had introduced themselves before punching each other the night before.

I'm glad the trainer could see that Bette was injured and trying to hide it. Dancers not admitting that they're injured is common. It's a competitive world and no one wants to admit to a weakness that could allow someone to take their place, so Bette's attitude seemed realistic.

Edited by ElectricBoogaloo
  • Love 1
10 hours ago, ElectricBoogaloo said:

I knew that the "we have to get out of here" comment from Oren was going to result in a Center Stage-esque dancing at a club scene! And I guess Bette is going to eventually get involved with Caleb the lock guy. I did laugh when he showed up in the dorm as the lock guy and one of the ballet guys responded by saying, "CALEB?" as if they had introduced themselves before punching each other the night before.

Lock guy's name is Matteo/Matty. Caleb is the curly haired dancer with the 'southern' accent.