Type keyword(s) to search

S12.E04: Cash Flow

• Start Topic

I thought this was a weird episode.

If the characters live in a universe after Covid, why were they doing Zoom workouts?

What was up with the car talk between Fatima and Roundtree? Likewise, what was up with their suspect and her attitude and why did they not respond/react but let her talk to them like that? I don't know if it was supposed to be funny but I thought it was annoying, especially the second time around.

The episode also felt very disjointed. You'd think that the longer they work under Covid conditions, the better they'd get at handling it but this felt like individual scenes that they tagged together and not like one continuous episodes. The only scenes I thought felt natural were the ones between Sam and Callen. Even the ones between Callen and Anna seemed a bit weird. I mean, she plans to stay within California, right? She's not going to the other side of the world for a year or two, right?

Why is Deeks out of a job? As a liason, wouldn't he still be employed by the LAPD?

• Love 3

I did like the back and forth between Fatima and Roundtree.  I like that Fatima has some mystery to her, and that she's got a history.  I'm amused that she's a Beverly Hills brat!  I'm also digging the new guy, Roundtree.  I liked the gently soft spoken "Where did you think you were going?" to the girl as he was handcuffing her.  It seemed to indicate that he's very professional and in control, no need to get all hot and bothered over such a small thing.  Other actors would make different choices, and I liked this choice.

I also agree that this episode seemed disjointed.  Lots of conversations across car roofs, strange scene blocking.  They did mention Covid in the show, mainly in a "when everything changed because of Covid" context.  Maybe the future world will mean that activities that require heavy exhalations like working out and choir practice are still banned as group activities, hence the Zoom workout session?  Eh.  We'll see.  They're still trying to get something out there, and I admire the effort. 

I found this episode really hard to engage with, so much so, I went an did the dishes.

The Sam/Callen dynamic seems to work, where ever they are, The rest all seems so Blah.

I thought Deeks was pulled out of the office of Special Projects by LAPD, I thought he still worked for them?  I expected to see him back at the dog patrol, yet, he seems to be spouting, "woe is me, I have no job."

Still trying to watch, I do have more dishes to finish :)

• Love 1
14 hours ago, CheshireCat said:

What was up with the car talk between Fatima and Roundtree?

After watching many movies (Another Stakeout, Are We There Yet?, Good Burger, Black Sheep) where one (or more)

character(s) acknowledges that they are in possession of a "pristine" vehicle,

I knew it was only a matter of waiting until episode's end before that vehicle got wrecked.

(any other movies you can name where that happened??)

• Love 1

Liked this review.

https://ncislarandomthoughts.blogspot.com/2020/12/episode-4-season-12-cash-flow.html

On 12/7/2020 at 10:46 AM, HurricaneVal said:

I did like the back and forth between Fatima and Roundtree.  I like that Fatima has some mystery to her, and that she's got a history.  I'm amused that she's a Beverly Hills brat!  I'm also digging the new guy, Roundtree.

I found these two annoying and unbelievable and can't imagine why Hetty would have ever hired them.

• Love 2