Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E06: Good vs Evil

• Start Topic

Monet tells them: "No phones", but she doesn't bother take them with her. Just leaves them right next to the two.

Monet and Tariq are in business. What's the big deal on the method he is using to move the drugs on campus?

Who in that neighborhood called the police on the Weston brothers selling on the corners? Did 911 take a long time to stop laughing and waited a while to send the police? Of course the only cop that shows up miles away is Monet's lackey Ramirez.

Cane tells his father about Monet and leaves out one detail she's sleeping with Ramirez. Maybe could have saved him a beating.

Davis! As soon as you said "you got nothing to worry about", Tasha can clearly see you were lying.

I guess they needed to establish Brayden's toughness/survival skills. I find it hard to believe he wasn't robbed for the drugs and people just walked up and paid.

I thought Trace was going to die tonight. Him saying "Die Hard 3" was funny. He didn't even need wear an offensive sandwich board to get his ass kicked.

I would loved to have seen how Brayden (with no weapon) handled those three beating Trace and get the bag back. 

What's with the jury laughing at what 2-Bit said?

Saxe with a "real doll"??? Add this with him being called "Nancy", this show is making him look real stupid. It's hard to take him seriously when he trying to take down Tariq.

Soon Riley is going to find out what Tariq and Brayden are doing, will become a new member of the team and move away from being Saxe's spy.

Still waiting for the answer Tariq: are you fundamentally good or bad?

Come on Malcom! You are tall enough to beat Tariq's ass. Move on from Lauren. You can't clearly see it's over.

Stansfield has the weakest dorm security. Anyone can just walk in.

Is there a story with Dru and the player? It just seems and excuse to have two men kiss.

Edited by mxc90
  • LOL 2
On 12/6/2020 at 9:02 AM, mxc90 said:

Cane tells his father about Monet and leaves out one detail she's sleeping with Ramirez. Maybe could have saved him a beating.

I think Cane's father likely knows Monet is sleeping with Ramirez. 1. He's not a stupid man, he knows he's locked up for decades, he expects his beautiful wife to sleep alone 95% of the time (I know they get conjugal visits but its not that often), 2. He knows Monet is loyal to him whomever she sleeps with , 3. He knows when people get caught up in sex and their feelings you can use that to your advantage (hence Ramirez being used by Monet because he caught feelings for her).

I dont think Cane hit his mother on purpose, I think it was an accident, but he doesnt know his place. And he shouldve apologized on bended knee for not remembering who's the mother and who's the son, had he done that I dont think that his Dad would've had him knocked around a little. Cane has the violent streak but he isnt as smart as Dru or Diana.

On 12/6/2020 at 9:02 AM, mxc90 said:

I guess they needed to establish Brayden's toughness/survival skills. I find it hard to believe he wasn't robbed for the drugs and people just walked up and paid.

Bryden isnt smart in the academic sense, and he's very privileged but he isnt "stupid"(at least not as dumb as I thought). He KNOWS how to talk to people, he knows how to use how people perceive them to his advantage. He could actually be an asset to a very smart woman who wanted to climb politically/ the corporate ladder who needed a WASP with the economic resources to open doors, Bryden could work the room and open doors for her, but not a be "threat" to her.

• Love 2
On 12/6/2020 at 10:02 AM, mxc90 said:

I kept saying "they gon rob you boy" lol

1 hour ago, Scarlett45 said:

I think Cane's father likely knows Monet is sleeping with Ramirez. 1. He's not a stupid man, he knows he's locked up for decades, he expects his beautiful wife to sleep alone 95% of the time (I know they get conjugal visits but its not that often), 2. He knows Monet is loyal to him whomever she sleeps with , 3. He knows when people get caught up in sex and their feelings you can use that to your advantage (hence Ramirez being used by Monet because he caught feelings for her)

True but this can end up working against her/them and I hope it does. It wasn't a wise move for Monet to make it clear she belonged to Lorenzo and not Ramirez. A man scorned and all.

This was as stupid as leaving the phones right there for Diana and Dru after all her big talk about "no phones!"

1 hour ago, Scarlett45 said:

I dont think Cane hit his mother on purpose, I think it was an accident, but he doesnt know his place. And he shouldve apologized on bended knee for not remembering who's the mother and who's the son, had he done that I dont think that his Dad would've had him knocked around a little. Cane has the violent streak but he isnt as smart as Dru or Diana.

I thought it was an accident too but when Monet looked up at Cane I said "she's gonna kill her first born" lol. I really did think she was going to have him hit and not by Lorenzo's prison guards.

I want to see the brunch with Braydon, Tariq and Uncle Nancy's sister LOL

Saxe and Cheese aka Davis are becoming the most entertaining part of this show for me and Tariq and MJB are still MVPs for Most Cringeworthy Acting lol

I hope I'm right in thinking Saxe knows he's being played by Davis.

Edited by GodsBeloved
  • Love 3
10 minutes ago, GodsBeloved said:

I thought it was an accident too but when Monet looked up at Cane I said "she's gonna kill her first born" lol. I really did think she was going to have him hit and not by Lorenzo's prison guards.

She was angry but he's still her son. Also what hurt her more was when she fell he didn't go "MOM, Im so sorry." he reached out a hand, as if he wanted her to get up but didn't regret what happened. 

11 minutes ago, GodsBeloved said:

True but this can end up working against her/them and I hope it does. It wasn't a wise move for Monet to make it clear she belonged to Lorenzo and not Ramirez. A man scorned and all.

This is true. When you play games with people's emotions it has an opportunity to blow up. I think she would've done better reminding him that Lorenzo is her husband "no matter what she feels for him"....keep stringing him along emotionally. Its clear he likes her, he says he "knows" the score, but knowing intellectually and emotions are two different things.

• Love 2

Monet and Tariq are in business. What's the big deal on the method he is using to move the drugs on campus?

I think it's more about control and power.  If she doesn't know how he's running his part of the business, then she also doesn't know how much revenue he's actually making/how profitable his technique is. He could easily (and is) making more money than he lets on and it eventually could be so much that he could go around her as his supplier.  For Tariq, keeping the process to himself ensures that they have to rely on his method and its relative profitably, and prevents them from stealing his idea and doing it themselves, thereby cutting him out. 

On 12/7/2020 at 10:28 AM, Scarlett45 said:

I think Cane's father likely knows Monet is sleeping with Ramirez. 1. He's not a stupid man, he knows he's locked up for decades, he expects his beautiful wife to sleep alone 95% of the time (I know they get conjugal visits but its not that often), 2. He knows Monet is loyal to him whomever she sleeps with , 3. He knows when people get caught up in sex and their feelings you can use that to your advantage (hence Ramirez being used by Monet because he caught feelings for her).

I have a feeling that the Dad probably arranged the whole thing.  It wasn't lost on me what Ramirez said about them ALL working for him. The Dad probably planted Ramirez and allowed him to get close to Monet so that he had an extra set of eyes on her. And as long as Ramirez is fucking her, he doesn't have to worry about any randoms hanging around his wife and kids. The dad strikes me as someone who likes to control every aspect of every single situation, even when he's in jail for 75 years (yeesh! what body did they catch him standing over???)

On 12/7/2020 at 10:28 AM, Scarlett45 said:

Bryden isnt smart in the academic sense, and he's very privileged but he isnt "stupid"(at least not as dumb as I thought). He KNOWS how to talk to people, he knows how to use how people perceive them to his advantage. He could actually be an asset to a very smart woman who wanted to climb politically/ the corporate ladder who needed a WASP with the economic resources to open doors, Bryden could work the room and open doors for her, but not a be "threat" to her.

I really love Braydon (despite this being the first time I've actually remembered his damn name; probably because it was said 426 times this episode). He knows how to talk to people and how to read them. Although, he totally shouldn't have told Cane that he lost the payment....that bit was idiotic.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, luckyroll3 said:

when he's in jail for 75 years (yeesh! what body did they catch him standing over???)

I thought they said 25, and it’s been 10....which I would assume it would have been less time than that. Only a couple of years at most.

He seems to have a deep relationship with his kids, would he had he been in prison since they were small? I’m guessing Diana is the baby at 18 and Cane can’t be more than 24.....

Could be the writers can’t keep things straight. 

1 hour ago, luckyroll3 said:

I have a feeling that the Dad probably arranged the whole thing.  It wasn't lost on me what Ramirez said about them ALL working for him. The Dad probably planted Ramirez and allowed him to get close to Monet so that he had an extra set of eyes on her.

I could see this too. Also Ramirez is easy on the eyes, and I don’t doubt Dad knows his wife and her tastes in men. 

• Love 1
40 minutes ago, Scarlett45 said:

I thought they said 25, and it’s been 10....which I would assume it would have been less time than that. Only a couple of years at most.

Lol! I totally could have gotten that wrong. I always remember numbers incorrectly!

40 minutes ago, Scarlett45 said:

Also Ramirez is easy on the eyes, and I don’t doubt Dad knows his wife and her tastes in men. 

Yes. And Dad too!

tenor.gif

• LOL 1
  • Love 1

So Tariq finally got his own intro. But Daddy Ghost is still there at the end, haunting the place.

Those leather culottes Carrie was wearing. Meh.

Fundamentally good or evil? Tariq is rotten to the core. He's got evil running for cover.

I still don't understand why the DNC is all up in this. You'd think they'd have bigger eggs to fry in 2020.

Is it me or was the n word being thrown around a lot more in this episode? Wonder what that's all about?

Cane got your ghetto bullsh!t right here. Brayden has no idea how far over his head Tariq's mess is. And his brother couldn't be more clueless. The Weston name can't protect against bullets.

Riley is so annoying to me with her amateur sleuthing. Saxe should have her taken into custody for her own protection. Because eventually Tariq is going to put together who she is and what she's been up to and that likely won't be great for her health.

Seems to me Monet's kids have virtually no respect for her. She's mostly bark and less bite. At the end of the day all she has over them is their cushy lifestyle. I see a palace coup coming.

Tariq better get Diana under control. Woman scorned, etc.

AFAIC this show would be 100% better if they just killed that little punk Tariq off. My favorite comment from reddit:

They should rename the show (Everybody Hates Tariq)

Edited by Joimiaroxeu
  • LOL 1