Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E03: One Of Our Own

• Start Topic

When an NOPD officer is murdered, Pride and the NCIS team take on a group of dirty cops when they discover that the victim was also a key witness in multiple excessive force cases. Also, Tammy faces the reality of being in a new relationship.

I will scream if Pride gets swept up in some complicated cop vs mayor mess which will make it look like Pride is guilty of something. I hate storylines like that.

And I will really scream if he gets shot by some dirty cop. The man needs a break.

I guess this will be the big arc this season, NCIS vs. NOPD. I'm not sure how I feel about that, but I guess we'll see. 

I did like Tammy's side story of trying to really get to know this new woman before jumping into bed with her, but taking that way too far and almost scaring her away. And while Sebastian usually annoys me, I did like his little snark back to Tammy when he took her soda. 

One thing I don't understand and haven't across all seasons is why some characters go on a multi episode break. Percy used to disappear all the time to "visit family" and last night the new guy (who's name escapes me) had disappeared, too. Can the show not afford to pay for all of their stars to be in all episodes?

• Love 1
3 hours ago, emma675 said:

I guess this will be the big arc this season, NCIS vs. NOPD. I'm not sure how I feel about that, but I guess we'll see. 

I liked the episode but after we already had a two-parter, it would have been nice if the crime of this episode would have been actually resolved within the episode.

3 hours ago, emma675 said:

One thing I don't understand and haven't across all seasons is why some characters go on a multi episode break. Percy used to disappear all the time to "visit family" and last night the new guy (who's name escapes me) had disappeared, too. Can the show not afford to pay for all of their stars to be in all episodes?

I think this time, it has to do with Covid and the desire to keep interactions limited to a handful of actors.

• Love 1

I had a hard time remembering that the mayor was the mayor.  She didn't have any staff or security with her any of the times she met with Pride.  Yeah, yeah, their meet-ups were supposed to be on the down low, but still...  I also kind of got the impression that the actress herself might be an anti-masker, because in all her scenes we never once saw her wearing a mask, just holding her mask.  I just thought that was odd, and since these clandestine meetings will likely continue throughout the season, something I'm going to look for each time. 

And wow.  Not only are they going full tilt boogie with the coronavirus universe, but it also appears they are also going to address police violence/BLM as well.  Those are both pretty aggressive production choices, so kudos to them.  All Rise is also picking up both of those conversations as well--but I expect that from a courtroom drama show with an outspoken female black judge as the lead character.  I don't really expect those sorts of plotlines from an NCIS spinoff though.  Hopefully they don't lose their audience because they've alienated half of them with their storylines!

• Love 1