Type keyword(s) to search

The Kingstown Daily: Media

• Start Topic

Apparently some of the production staff was in Pittsburgh doing location scouting. I am super bummed it appears the filming is moving to the US (Hamilton is Canada's steeltown). No indication filming has begun yet, though.

The accident happened on Sunday morning, New Year's Day.  There are plenty of updated articles on Jeremy Renner's condition so I won't post here.  He is conscious, alert and speaking now.  Surgery to follow.  He lost a lot of blood but his neighbor, who is a doctor, saved his life.

Get well soon and Godspeed to a full recovery, Jeremy!

On 1/15/2023 at 5:52 PM, mledawn said:

Absolutely spoilers for the premiere in this article ‘Mayor Of Kingstown’ Creator Hugh Dillon On Season 2 And Jeremy Renner: “Anything We Can Do To Help, We Will”

Also, that sentence is essentially the only bit about Renner's injury in the article. It's mostly about the show in general.

This helps. So it seems Dillon is just telling stories about people from his hometown. That would explain the lack of a coherent narrative. It’s just people reacting randomly. Bunny, who has been reasonable and thoughtful for two seasons, suddenly pulls off a heist in plain daylight with witnesses and cameras, because he’s… feeling vulnerable. He tosses everything he is out the window, to be uber armed. So now we have lost the voice of reason because … memories, I guess.

2 hours ago, Ottis said:

So it seems Dillon is just telling stories about people from his hometown. That would explain the lack of a coherent narrative. It’s just people reacting randomly.

To be fair/clear - Dillon had the framework for the show and worked on it with Sheridan, but Sheridan wrote the entire first season. Dillon only (co)wrote S2E8 "Santa Jesus" aka Mike's Day Off.

Sheridan is producing this, right? His company?

Here it goes

Cross posting

Listening to a podcast about the writers strike, with one of the writers for Bear, interesting fact: Taylor Sheridan is NOT supporting the strike (neither is Ryan Murphy). They are producers who make a lot of money on the backs of the workers and don't want to give in an inch of their profits. 

I never liked him, now I know he is a real douche.

I have a lot of criticism about the writing in shows but that's a result of costs being cut, the non-existence of writers room where thy can discuss plots and stories, the lack of a head writer with more experience to guide the new ones, the pressure to deliver (assembly line style)

All the producers, millionaires and billionaires, would still be millionaires and billionaires if they paid the workers a living wage. Bunch of assholes

• Like 2