Type keyword(s) to search

The Trouble With Maggie Cole - General Discussion

• Start Topic

A) So the store owner is supposed to escape out the hospital window in his gown and bandages? B) Jill was pretty limber when she lifted herself up and swallowed the sedatives after pretending to be knocked out while Maggie talked. Guess she won't feel it until tomorrow. C) The cops are going to accept all the townsfolk's stories without investigation? D) Alex mumbled something in a prior episode -- he had taken the grandma's money so the government wouldn't get it. Guess she lived in a council house and was not notifying the government of all the assets she had. So grandma was a bit of a crook too. E) Knew it wouldn't work when baby brother held the gun six inches from the mobster's face. Back up man!

• Love 1

So what happens with the guy who owed the goons all that money? Are we supposed to think that their dirty business was uncovered and they went away to jail for life? Who were these guys anyway?  Bookies? Mafiosa?  The guy did steal family money, is that now ok?

He didn't steal the money. He knew the council would tax the hell out of it when gran died and he was hiding it for the family.

I am so miffed that Maggie is practically skipping away happily and gratified that “I’ve made it all right with all of them! They’ve all forgiven me! La dee dah!🎵” She has learned nothing as she is walking on the beach with family at the end and sharing gossip about yet another villager. This show was supposed to be cute, or funny, or gripping, or what exactly? It failed miserably for me. I adore Dawn but if someone is misguided enough to bring it back for season 2, I’ll take a pass. 

• Love 5

I thought the whole thing was just okay.  I loved Dawn French on the long ago sketch comedy with Saunders, but I like her as a comedian much more than as an actress. I thought she was the one wrong note in the wonderful, "Lark Rise to Candleford"  and not very convincing here.  Or maybe the whole thing wasn't too well written?  I just know I expect something better on Sunday night, PBS.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2

I don't think he was supposed to escape through the window in his hospital gown. I thought she brought him clothing. But even so, I don't know how he'd wriggle out the window in his condition. I thought maybe he was going to prison when they figured out he'd deserted his military service, and that's what she meant by he's gone. But Maggie sure didn't seem too broken up about it. He did not get a happy ending at all, despite her glee.

After watching the repeat of the last episode yesterday, I really liked almost every character except Maggie and Peter and Peter's horrible secretary. Are there other shows where the peripheral characters are way more interesting and engaging than the main characters?