Type keyword(s) to search

Condor - General Discussion

aghst
  • Start Topic

Very good show, well-received critically.  Not sure what the ratings are.

Season 1 was on the Audience Network on DirecTV.  In the credit sequence, it's identified as an AT&T original, maybe because they had taken over DirecTV at the time.

Season 2 hasn't aired in the US but it did finish it's 10-episode run in August.

Show is filmed in the US, though it features some international locations.  Loved the Florence scenes at the end of season 1, though it made no sense, he was sprinting around the town and he was covering a lot of distance in short time.

Max Irons the lead isn't that well known but they have a lot of well-known character actors, such as Brendan Fraser, Bob Balban and William Hurt.

It's suppose to be based on Three Days of the Condor movie with Robert Redford and Faye Dunaway from 1975.  It's also based on a spy thriller.

It does a terrific job of setting up the sense of threat to the main character and sustaining it through most of the first season.  Momentum is great so it's a great binge.

Not clear if AT&T will do anything with whatever rights they may retain.  Would be great on HBO or HBO Max.  I don't know what the UK ratings were like though.

• Like 1

EPix has this now, releasing Season 1 one episode at a time on Sunday's at 8 EDT. I don't know if they'll carry Season 2. I am caught up to S1E4, really enjoying it! It's a good update of 3 Days of the Condor. 

• Love 1

So it landed on Epix? That's great news. I believe I read that initially it would go to HBO Max after Audience Network went bust.  Series two has aired globally, so I can't wait for the U.S to see it. The second series is fantastic. 

Just binge watched both seasons.  Really hoping for more.

Both seasons were very fast-paced with a few slower expositional moments that pushed the story, or at least a subplot, forward.

I gotta admit to pulling for a Joe/Mae endgame - even if its in the very last minute of the series - but I really suck at picking the 'winning' ships.

• Like 1
(edited)

Anybody have any concrete info on whether this series is officially dead or not?

Best info - more like speculation - I've found is that is hasn't been officially cancelled yet, but in the same token, hasn't been officially renewed & in production either.

If you consider IMDb as the be-all-end-all status identifier for such things, they list it as cancelled/ended.  Same for another site I use for episode titles and air dates for a great number of current, recent and past series.

Hoping for at least one more season, but sadly expecting there won't be.  (considering it's been ~44 months since Epix aired S2 and haven't heard much of anything about it since)

Edited by iRarelyWatchTV36
  • Like 1