Type keyword(s) to search

The Bradshaw Bunch - General Discussion

• Start Topic

Legendary quarterback and television-broadcast icon Terry Bradshaw gives us an intimate look at life in the off-season. He’s been called “The Greatest of All Time,” but now this touchdown titan spends his days surrounded by women in his most coveted position: World’s Greatest Dad. As husband, father and “Papi” to the Bradshaw Bunch, Terry hilariously helps his family navigate the pitfalls of their extraordinary lives and lets you in on a side of Terry Bradshaw you’ve never seen before!

• Love 1

I've always liked Terry.  He is so self-deprecating, but he is actually a very smart man.  He did an interview one time in which he said that most of his money didn't come from his days in the NFL.  For those of us who have been watching football since the 70's, we know that those guys didn't get paid squat compared to today's players (and those players irk the crap out of me for complaining about their salaries these days!)  I admire his tenacity and for being able to stay relevant in the NFL world, and for his love of horses and all that he's accomplished in that regard.   

It's nice to see Erin and Rachel getting along with Lacey.  It sounds like they've had their issues (from what little we've heard so far), but hopefully those issues are in the past and they can all enjoy being one big happy family!  It would be a lot of fun to sit back and watch a football game with him.  

• Love 5

Gotta admit, kind of like this show. Came for the animals and outdoor scenery and stayed for the good naturedness family. Sometimes it seems a bit staged and rehearsed, but I’m giving up on all the Bravo fighting, yelling, “Drama” and looking for shows where people actually care and are nice to each other.

• Love 3
On 9/25/2020 at 6:06 PM, ChitChat said:

I've always liked Terry.  He is so self-deprecating, but he is actually a very smart man.  He did an interview one time in which he said that most of his money didn't come from his days in the NFL.  For those of us who have been watching football since the 70's, we know that those guys didn't get paid squat compared to today's players (and those players irk the crap out of me for complaining about their salaries these days!)  I admire his tenacity and for being able to stay relevant in the NFL world, and for his love of horses and all that he's accomplished in that regard.   

Me too! I also really admire that he was one of the first celebrities that I knew of to openly speak about anxiety, panic attacks. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
23 hours ago, LemonSoda said:

I also really admire that he was one of the first celebrities that I knew of to openly speak about anxiety, panic attacks. 

From all of the years watching him on the NFL shows, I didn't realize that he had panic attacks.  Seems like he's talked about the memory problems he has due to his football days though.  He seems to have a very nice family surrounding him.  As his daughters said, I'm sure it's been tough for them to date a guy not knowing if he's just in it to see their Dad, or if they honestly are interested in them.   Terry will handle it though if they don't treat his daughters right!

• Love 4
On 10/7/2020 at 6:42 AM, ChitChat said:

From all of the years watching him on the NFL shows, I didn't realize that he had panic attacks.  Seems like he's talked about the memory problems he has due to his football days though.  He seems to have a very nice family surrounding him.  As his daughters said, I'm sure it's been tough for them to date a guy not knowing if he's just in it to see their Dad, or if they honestly are interested in them.   Terry will handle it though if they don't treat his daughters right!

He’s had some dark times. Health issues, anxieties, depression but he fought and won! I’d like to see him do more movies. I loved him in Failure to Launch. 
I can’t imagine dealing with that. I could see him putting true fear in to some boys! LOL! 

• Love 2
22 minutes ago, LemonSoda said:

I loved him in Failure to Launch. 

He has such a great sense of humor, and he doesn't take himself too seriously.  That is endearing to me.  He's always had such a good rapport with the guys on their NFL pre-game show.   Most times I just watch their show and skip the football games!  

• Love 2

I'm guessing that Dustin agreed to be the stooge in the Bradshaw story.  Otherwise, couldn't he sue for defamation of character?  Maybe he signed away any rights when he decided to be on the show.   Either way, he seemed to be an odd duck.  😉

• Love 2
46 minutes ago, ChitChat said:

I'm guessing that Dustin agreed to be the stooge in the Bradshaw story.  Otherwise, couldn't he sue for defamation of character?  Maybe he signed away any rights when he decided to be on the show.   Either way, he seemed to be an odd duck.  😉

Did he even talk? Or did they just have him on camera and other people talked about him? I wonder if they just hired an actor to play “Dustin” so they could have a season storyline. The whole idea of Rachel having a hard time finding a date seems fake and forced. 

• Love 2
2 hours ago, Stan39 said:

I wonder if they just hired an actor to play “Dustin” so they could have a season storyline.

That could be.  I didn't think about that.  

Terry and his Daisy Duke shorts!  He cracks me up.  🙂

• Love 2

I watched this as it seemed harmless enough and was pleasantly surprised.  I discovered his daughter Rachel Bradshaw is a widow, having lost her NFL kicker hubby after only 4 months of marriage.  Her hubby, Rob Bironis, was killed in a one vehicle accident!  So sad.  The daughters all look like each other so it is hard to tell them apart, lol.  It is nice to see a guy not take himself so seriously and a family that seems to really get along!

• Useful 1
  • Love 4

Zurie is the best.  

I guess Rachel did okay with the singing, but I'm not a fan of that style.  

I am enjoying this show far more than I expected to.  I think it's at least partly because Terry doesn't take himself too seriously.  

• Love 2
4 hours ago, Browncoat said:

I think it's at least partly because Terry doesn't take himself too seriously.

He's been that way ever since I've been watching him on his NFL show, and that goes back a long way!  That's one thing that I really like about him.  He's really a smart man, but he doesn't seem to mind being the butt of the joke sometimes.  You can tell that he and his guys on the NFL show really care about each other, and they can laugh and  have a good time without letting any egos get in the way.  

It's nice to see him interacting with his family and how much he cares so much for his wife, girls and grandkids. 

• Love 5
10 minutes ago, ChitChat said:

I vote for a second season with the Bradshaw bunch!  That was a fun escape from the world each week!

Didn’t they just dump the last two episodes at the same time? I’ve heard that’s usually a sign the ratings aren’t good enough and they’re just getting rid of it. 

I'm going to miss this show!  I haven't laughed so much in a long time.  Just hearing Terry laugh makes me laugh, and then Zurie face-planting in the cake about killed me.  

Loved Rachel and Connor pranking Terry with the engagement ring, too.  

I never in a million years thought I might want to go to Paris, Texas, but they made it look really appealing!

• Love 4
4 hours ago, Stan39 said:

Didn’t they just dump the last two episodes at the same time? I’ve heard that’s usually a sign the ratings aren’t good enough and they’re just getting rid of it. 

I have no idea!!  I hope we'll get another season.  I'd like to see how the restaurant does, although trying to open one during a pandemic was at a most unfortunate time.  

• Love 1
14 minutes ago, TheLastKidPicked said:

Here's the thing about this show:  How many times these days can you be TRULY happy.  And I mean, forget about everything and just laugh out loud happy?

That's how our house felt watching this show.  Just laugh out loud fun, and I hope they keep it going.

This show and Chrisley Knows Best are both, to me, harmless fun.  I am not appointment viewing either show but when they come one, I am like....sure why not?

• Love 4

Anybody else watching this show?  As much as I like Terry, he really makes me uncomfortable with some of the discussions he has with his girls.  I also hate seeing parents pressure their kids into giving them grandchildren.  That's not right.  

• Love 1

I'm watching.  I like how open they all are with each other.  I can't imagine talking about having eggs harvested with my father, mind you, but I think it's great that the daughters feel comfortable with that.  I'm less happy with the pushing for grandchildren, but I feel like the daughters would shut that right down if they weren't on board.  

I still love Zuri.  She's the best.  And I honestly can't keep straight which daughter is which.

• Love 4

I watched the first season but it wasn’t enough to hook me. They kept forcing all those Rachel dating storylines I didn’t care about. And I thought a lot of it was subtlety just about how rich they are (which is a lot of reality TV so I guess that shouldn’t bother me).