Type keyword(s) to search

Sing On! - General Discussion

• Start Topic

Nice! I'm glad they made a US version. I'm a karaoke person, for my sins, and I have missed being able to go out and belt out a heartfelt but poorly supported "Rolling in the Deep" to a roomful of strangers. This show is timely, and Titus seems like the perfect host.

The only qualm I have is that one of my favorite parts about the other versions was getting to hear what pop music is in other countries. It's really fun to see these audiences go up for, like, some Nena song I've never heard of. So that'll be missing, but I'm sure I'll get over it.

• Love 1

I'm glad they found a show for Titus to do.    Two episodes in and I'm liking it.    Interesting how so far (at least first two episodes) the strongest contestant in the final two lost out to their competitor based on the song they chose.

You know who was robbed? We were. We get a guy, Joe (in the Rock episode), who owns three dogs and a bearded dragon named Draco and works as a "shaving consultant," and we never find out what in the sam hill kind of job that is?!

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
On 10/3/2020 at 5:22 PM, Meedis said:

Was she the one that scored the show's season high of 94??   

No that was Alyssa in the Country episode. The country episode was the best of the season. The contestants versions of Amazed and Country Roads were excellent. I really liked this my only complaint was no songs older than the 80's. How do you have a summer anthems episode and nothing by the Beach Boys?

• Love 1
On 10/3/2020 at 4:22 PM, Meedis said:

Was she the one that scored the show's season high of 94??   

Nope!  She was the girl in the first episode.  The girl who scored 94 was in the Country episode.  Personally, I think the voice analyzer is just a gimmick because some of the people who sang great got low scores and some who sang horribly got great scores.  I think the show just manipulated the scores for drama.

• Love 1
On 10/19/2020 at 12:26 AM, HerkyJerky said:

Nope!  She was the girl in the first episode.  The girl who scored 94 was in the Country episode.  Personally, I think the voice analyzer is just a gimmick because some of the people who sang great got low scores and some who sang horribly got great scores.  I think the show just manipulated the scores for drama.

I agree they missed so many flat notes. I thought the finalists in the summer anthems episode were the worst in their group.