Type keyword(s) to search

S16.E18: Like Father Like Daughter

• Start Topic

Sig and Mandy conspire to get Jake to do their prospecting, but the former deckhand seizes the moment to fill his own tanks. The Wizard crew must break through ice to rush Keith to a doctor. Junior fears the worst as a deckhand falls from the stack.

So another episode of two boats teaming up, only to have one boat not uphold his part of the bargain.   That's like the 800th time THIS season that's happened.   Disco is clearly running out of storylines.  

• Love 3
2 hours ago, merylinkid said:

So another episode of two boats teaming up, only to have one boat not uphold his part of the bargain.   That's like the 800th time THIS season that's happened.   Disco is clearly running out of storylines.  

Why would any captain agree to team up with any other captain?  From what we've seen, NONE of them are trustworthy in that situation.  LOL. 

Oh yeah . . . the script.

• Love 1

More ice shenanigans, but not as bad.

Remember how 50 miles to a new prospecting spot last week was sooooo expensive and onerous?  Well, this week Jake A. was sent 60 miles and not a peep about expense.  Glad it worked out for him.

No "I told you so's or STFU's from Keith to or about Monte?"  You're slipping, Disco.

Zero sympathy for Junior as he fretted about his note/debt.  

Not a huge lie, but a lie nonetheless.  Keith was all about getting back to the mainland for his medical care.  Why was that never mentioned?  The whole time, until the very end, it was alllllll about immmeeeeeeeeeediate surgery!  Beam me up.

• Love 1
22 hours ago, Lonesome Rhodes said:

More ice shenanigans, but not as bad.

Remember how 50 miles to a new prospecting spot last week was sooooo expensive and onerous?  Well, this week Jake A. was sent 60 miles and not a peep about expense.  Glad it worked out for him.

No "I told you so's or STFU's from Keith to or about Monte?"  You're slipping, Disco.

Zero sympathy for Junior as he fretted about his note/debt.  

Not a huge lie, but a lie nonetheless.  Keith was all about getting back to the mainland for his medical care.  Why was that never mentioned?  The whole time, until the very end, it was alllllll about immmeeeeeeeeeediate surgery!  Beam me up.

IIRC from St. Paul, where they were docking to offload, there was a scheduled flight that day and he'd have to hurry up and wait to get on it. I doubt what he had going on could have been treated at the clinic (perhaps they diagnosed him over the radio). Or else the Disco Editing Magicians were at it again, and that aircraft was sent specifically to medevac Keith, to meet the boat when it docked to offload.

Yeah, no sympathy for Junior from me either. He's as big a douche as just about all the others.

Much as I have a soft spot for Jake Anderson and how he's grown up on the show, the fact is he's just awful at finding crab (or so we're led to believe). The Colbornes, Sig, and the Hillstrands all know/knew where to go if they started pulling blanks. Sig's always dialed in on the crab. But Jake radio fishes, and begs for table scraps seemingly every time the camera's on him.  Even Josh The Camera Whore seems to have better  fishing instincts on occasion (not to mention access to Phil The Saint's old log books). Wild Bill is another one who seems to have complete shit luck landing on the bite.

• Love 1