Type keyword(s) to search

Season 1-3 Discussion

scrb
  • Start Topic

HBO is considering rebooting the series:

HBO is considering going back into therapy.

The premium cable outlet is exploring a reboot of its drama series In Treatment, about the interaction between a therapist and his patients. The series, based on an Israeli show, BeTipul, and starring Gabriel Byrne as Dr. Paul Weston, ran for three seasons from 2008-10.

No writer or showrunner is attached yet. 

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/treatment-reboot-under-consideration-at-hbo-1303643

They may be more than considering it, apparently may cut a deal with state of CA to move production there to take advantage of a new tax incentives.

It was inevitable that some film and television projects would relocate production amid the COVID-19 pandemic, and it's the case for two TV series.

HBO drama In Treatment, the reboot of which was recently announced, and TBS anthology Miracle Workers are both moving production to California thanks to the state's tax credit program. In Treatment is coming from New York, while Miracle Workers is relocating from Czech Republic.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/hbos-treatment-tbs-miracle-workers-moving-production-california-1305476

• Love 1

This show makes me laugh, but not for the reasons you might think.  My ex tried to watch this show on demand.  I could not explain why, trust me, I cannot, but he thought rather than watching the episodes in the order they appeared in the on demand list, he needed to watch all the ones with Laura as a patient, then David as a patient, then Bill (names made up).  Obviously it made no sense to watch it that way, either as a choice or as a show with a cohesive storyline.  What a dum dum.

• LOL 3

Premieres Sunday May 23, with back-to-back half hour episodes at 9-10pm ET on Sundays and Mondays. Total of 24 episodes http://thefutoncritic.com/news/2021/04/12/hbo-drama-series-in-treatment-starring-uzo-aduba-returns-may-23-223210/20210412hbo01/

I saw the previous seasons after they were broadcast on HBO, maybe via DVD, I'm not sure, but I really enjoyed them. Most of it was just 2 (or 3) people talking in a room and yet it was pretty fascinating. So I'm looking forward to the 4th season as it plays

30-40 some episodes a season in the first 2 seasons sounded like a bit of a nightmare for the lead actor (cut down to 28 in Season 3). 24 episodes sounds a bit more manageable for the lead actor

Edited by DanaK
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1