Type keyword(s) to search

Small Talk: The Champagne Room

• Start Topic

The Small Talk topic is for:

• Introductions
  • Off-topic chatter
  • Having virtual tea with forum buddies

This is NOT a topic for actual show discussion. When you want to talk about the show:

1. Figure out the nature of the topic you want to talk about
  2. Look for an existing topic that matches or fits
  3. If there is NOT an existing topic that fits, CREATE ONE!

Examples of topics that populate show forums include (but by no means are limited to):

• Character topics
  • Spoiler topics
  • Comparison topics
  • Speculation topics
  • In the Media topics
  • Favourite X topics
  • ...you get the idea

Happy trails beyond Small Talk!

Hey Everyone! Just jumping in to say two days and counting till Season 2!! I’m lucky in that I discovered this show not long ago so haven’t had to wait too long for Season 2. Looking forward to discussing it! 

• Love 2
On 6/1/2022 at 11:54 AM, AuntieMame said:

Hey Everyone! Just jumping in to say two days and counting till Season 2!! I’m lucky in that I discovered this show not long ago so haven’t had to wait too long for Season 2. Looking forward to discussing it! 

We are so glad to have you!

A few weeks ago I stumbled across a movie that reminded me a bit of P Valley. Not as poetic, but some of the new American realism and its about a stripper road trip that goes bad. Based on a true story. Movie is called Zola and its worth checking out, especially once we all go into withdrawal once the season ends. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
11 hours ago, AuntieMame said:

A few weeks ago I stumbled across a movie that reminded me a bit of P Valley. Not as poetic, but some of the new American realism and its about a stripper road trip that goes bad. Based on a true story. Movie is called Zola and its worth checking out, especially once we all go into withdrawal once the season ends. 

Thank you!

• Love 1
On 6/20/2022 at 10:57 AM, AuntieMame said:

Zola is a mess....that I enjoyed thoroughly! Definitely P-Valley adjacent. It's actually based on one of the first viral tweet threads (twitter threads? I never know the right terminology.).

• Love 3
On 6/21/2022 at 2:48 PM, luckyroll3 said:

Zola is a mess....that I enjoyed thoroughly! Definitely P-Valley adjacent. It's actually based on one of the first viral tweet threads (twitter threads? I never know the right terminology.).

I stumbled across Zola about halfway through and then rewatched the entire thing. Then I found out that it was an epic tweet based on true events. I’ve been cogitating on ideas for new American realism and neo-noir so both Zola and PValley have been amazing to watch. Not that Zola is a patch on PValley but its making me think. 

• Love 3

I loved “Zola”! It a was better than I expected it to be. I’m a fan of any kind of stripper/sex worker stories though. 
Has anyone else seen “Dancing at the Blue Iguana”? It’s an indie drama from 2000  that follows the dancers (at a primarily white L.A. club) home and explores their lives. Not as entertaining as P. Valley, but there’s some thematic similarity.

I also love “The Player’s Club”-  it’s become a camp classic like “Showgirls”.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
On 7/8/2022 at 10:43 PM, MCMLXXVII said:

I loved “Zola”! It a was better than I expected it to be. I’m a fan of any kind of stripper/sex worker stories though. 
Has anyone else seen “Dancing at the Blue Iguana”? It’s an indie drama from 2000  that follows the dancers (at a primarily white L.A. club) home and explores their lives. Not as entertaining as P. Valley, but there’s some thematic similarity.

I remember when Dancing at the Blue Iguana came out but I never saw it. Thanks for the reminder, I’ll make a point of catching it. :)

• Like 1
On 7/9/2022 at 12:43 AM, MCMLXXVII said:

Yeah, I'll have to check out Dancing at the Blue Iguana too. I've seen the others but am also a sucker for stories about strippers/sex workers.

• Love 1
On 7/9/2022 at 12:43 AM, MCMLXXVII said:

I find it hilarious that Netflix has The Player's Club categorized as a "dance movie". People looking for something similar to Step Up, Save the Last Dance, or Center Stage will be in for a surprise!

• Mind Blown 1
  • LOL 3
4 hours ago, luckyroll3 said:

I find it hilarious that Netflix has The Player's Club categorized as a "dance movie". People looking for something similar to Step Up, Save the Last Dance, or Center Stage will be in for a surprise!

Really???? That's funny.

On 6/21/2022 at 4:48 PM, luckyroll3 said:

On 6/20/2022 at 10:57 AM, AuntieMame said:

On 6/28/2022 at 5:06 PM, AuntieMame said:

I stumbled across Zola about halfway through and then rewatched the entire thing. Then I found out that it was an epic tweet based on true events. I’ve been cogitating on ideas for new American realism and neo-noir so both Zola and PValley have been amazing to watch. Not that Zola is a patch on PValley but its making me think. 

Hannah Montana 

Hannah Montana

Hannah Montana

Zola is one of my guilty pleasures.

Edited by qtpye
  • Love 2