Type keyword(s) to search

S01E06: Festa and Moreii

kieyra
  • Start Topic

Nimue and Merlin actually get to have their powwow, but the episode really was about flashing back to when Merlin met Lenore/Nimue's mother, and the romance that blossomed because of it.  Although, thanks to magic or whatever, Nimue herself got to witness it as well!  Credit where credit due, I did get a chuckle over the bit when... err, the beginning of how "Nimue came to be"  was getting ready to start, and Nimue was understandably all "Eww, no!  Fast-forward!  Fast-forward!  For the love of God, skip this!"  

Arthur and Gawain are going into a full-blown dick measuring contest right now, but to be fair, Gawain is easily the bigger asshole right now.  The faes are boned if he's the one running the show.

I wonder what Morgana and that Kaze character were doing all that time.  Hope they brought some board games.

I spotted Clive Russell as one of the faes at the council!  Hope we see more of him.

Between Emo Monk taking out Arthur's buddy in front of him and Nimue and crew being chased by Uther's men, hopefully the next episode will at least be more action-packed.

• Love 1
(edited)
11 hours ago, thuganomics85 said:

... but the episode really was about flashing back to when Merlin met Lenore/Nimue's mother, and the romance that blossomed because of it. 

About that .. I guess Nimue needed to see the memories in order to trust Merlin. That's understandable. But why never ask where the sword came from and how it managed to get stuck inside of Merlin? 
How was Merlin able to bend over with that thing in him?!
The extraction scene was pretty gross - - the show may go cheap on the CGI, but it really excels at blood and guts. 

I knew that Arthur's new fae friend was too wide-eyed and enthusiastic to live for long. For a sword and sorcery rehash of the King Arthur legend, this show is a real downer. They never let up for a moment on the constant torture, genocide, be-headings and racism. Even the fae are racist toward humans.

Edited by shrewd.buddha
  • Love 2

Given the flashbacks that Merlin had of him and what looked like other fey slaughtering a bunch of humans (Romans?) and Gawains "all humans are evil always" and his dick measuring with Arthur, who is at least trying to be helpful, it looks like everyone in this conflict is kind of an asshole! Every hundred years or so, do humans and fey trade off on who is going to be slaughtering who? 

I should have known that Arthur's new fanboy was toast, he was just too happy and idealistic to live, but that was freaking brutal. This show is really pretty depressing, we better at least get one or two wins by the end of the season. Maybe they are really building up what a shit hole this place is so that its an even bigger deal when Camelot is established? 

So we get it seemingly confirmed that Merlin is Nimues father, and some flashbacks to how they hooked up (and I cracked up at Nimues "ummm no no fast forward I get the gist fast forward" reaction to seeing her conception) but what I want to know is, how the ever loving crap did Merlin did a damn sword inside of him?! I can work out how Lenore and Merlin made Nimue (when a wizard and a priestess love each other very much...) on my own, but I am much less clear on how that happened. 

I continue to want to know how common actual magic powers are among the fey population. I am guessing that the people we have met are kind of fey/human hybrids, like a subspecies of humanity with magical genes, and thats why some of them look totally human and some have fey features, and that there are full on fey around here somewhere. If not many of them can do magic, I guess that explains why they arent doing too well against a bunch of randos with swords and archery, but can some of them try it? We know that Nimue can, and her mom, and Merlin, and that random kid from the first episode. Now would be a pretty good time to break out some fire balls or something! 

• Love 3
On 7/25/2020 at 6:49 AM, shrewd.buddha said:

How was Merlin able to bend over with that thing in him?!

Honestly. I know it's magic and blah blah blah, but walking around with a huge-ass sword inside of you? That stretches credibility even for a fantasy show like this.

I continue to want to know how common actual magic powers are among the fey population. ( . . . ) Now would be a pretty good time to break out some fire balls or something! 

Seriously. The fey in this story are serving as the oppressed but shouldn't some of them be able to do some magic? Nimue can't be the only one with powers.

Mogwan was one of the best characters the show introduced and then they killed him right off. What a shame. He made such a good sidekick for Arthur and brought some much needed levity to the show.