Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E07: What Happens In Willacoochee

• Start Topic

(edited)

First some nitpicking: Simon's text at the beginning of this episode made no sense. He and Victor already discussed the night before that Victor wasn't attracted to Mia AFTER he left her house, so why would Simon think 12 hours later whether Victor had had sex with Mia?

Another continuity issue - in the previous episode, Mia invited Victor to her house on Friday night (Felix specifically says Friday night). At the beginning of this episode, Victor approaches Mia at her locker and apologizes for what happened last night. Unless they are regularly attending school on Saturdays, somebody fucked up. Then Mia asked Victor to attend a fundraiser on Saturday. Since last night was Friday, today should be Saturday.

Then Victor goes to the coffee house where we encounter the saga of the broken espresso machine which requires him to drive to Willacoochee with Benji to get it fixed. Benji says that this place is a few hours away (because apparently no one within a 100 mile radius of Atlanta can fix espresso machines) they can get there by 10am, the machine will get fixed by lunch, and they can be back by 4pm. Victor then says that Mia's fundraiser event is that night which means it's Saturday. So apparently we went from not having sex on Friday night, a magical new day that comes between Friday and Saturday when Mia, Victor, Felix, and Lake were all at school, and then Saturday. And either Victor arrives at work by 6am or there is some kind of time machine where it takes two hours to get to the espresso fixing place and four hours to get back.

I get why Isabel teaching piano again would be triggering for her husband since that's how she connected with Roger, but (1) they need the money and (2) if he isn't going to trust her, they might as well get a divorce. You can't be in a relationship with someone if you don't trust them. Teaching is a very specific skill and if she's good at it, she shouldn't have to give up because she made a mistake. Honestly, if she's going to cheat again, it could be some random guy she sees at the grocery store.

I'm enjoying Felix and Pilar's friendship. I feel bad for Pilar because it's hard to get dumped AND be the new girl. That's a lot of loneliness for a 14 year old girl.

It's hard for me to feel bad for Andrew because he's such a smug, smarmy jerk. I don't care how much history he has with Mia. That doesn't make up for his gross attitude of the fact that he kissed her when she knew she had a boyfriend NOT COOL, ANDREW. But I did feel a twinge of sympathy for him when Mia described having sex with him as a bad idea on a bad night. Ouch - truth hurts. I guess they're paving the way for Mia and Andrew to get together when Victor inevitably breaks up with her.

Yikes, Victor was so shady for lying about the espresso machine not being fixed just so he could spend the night with Benji. Ha, and I don't know if this shows my age or my germaphobia more, but when Victor offered to sleep on the floor, my immediate reaction was EW.

I understand Victor's impulse to kiss Benji, but they're BOTH in committed relationships with other people which is a huge problem. I was certain the espresso machine guy would casually reveal Victor's lie when they went to pick up the machine in the morning so I'm still waiting for that shoe to drop.

ETA: I thought Willacoochee was a small town name that they made up for the show, but apparently it's a real place. Google maps says it takes 3 hours to get there from Atlanta. This means Victor arrived at the coffee place at 7am, they were supposed to arrive at 10am, Benji estimated 3 hours for the machine to get fixed, and then they would be home by 4pm.

Edited by ElectricBoogaloo

Yeah, I had to side-eye Georgia's-Only-Espresso-Machine-Repairman plot.  I get they needed a storyline where Victor and Benji were travelling together, a risk of Victor getting to Mia's on time, and somehow for them to have to spend the night, but they could have accomplished that through another story line I think.

• Love 1
On 6/26/2020 at 9:06 AM, jcin617 said:

Yeah, I had to side-eye Georgia's-Only-Espresso-Machine-Repairman plot.  I get they needed a storyline where Victor and Benji were travelling together, a risk of Victor getting to Mia's on time, and somehow for them to have to spend the night, but they could have accomplished that through another story line I think.

Wasnt the espresso machine vintage? That might explain why only this repair guy could fix it. 

Victor is confused, I see him lusting after Benji so hard but you have a girlfriend Victor, it’s not right to lie to Mia. And then he kissed Benji- we aren’t surprised the way he’s been looking at him. Benji shut that down as he shouldve. Victor was so ashamed and embarrassed poor baby! My heart is hurting for him. 

On 6/22/2020 at 7:07 AM, ElectricBoogaloo said:

I get why Isabel teaching piano again would be triggering for her husband since that's how she connected with Roger, but (1) they need the money and (2) if he isn't going to trust her, they might as well get a divorce. You can't be in a relationship with someone if you don't trust them. Teaching is a very specific skill and if she's good at it, she shouldn't have to give up because she made a mistake. Honestly, if she's going to cheat again, it could be some random guy she sees at the grocery store.

I agree. If she had cheated with a co-worker would he never want her to work in a place where men are again? It’s very archaic to try to keep your woman at home so she never has contact with an unrelated man. But I’m intrigued as to what the husband has done that she forgave him for, yes I’m nosy.

WOW Mia’s Mom called her and that’s why she hooked up with Andrew? My theory is that Andrew really likes Mia (he was legit hurt by what she said) and Mia was using him to deal with her emotional issues with her Mom. For the record I still think Andrew is a jerk, but assholes have feelings sometimes. 

On 6/22/2020 at 7:07 AM, ElectricBoogaloo said:

Ha, and I don't know if this shows my age or my germaphobia more, but when Victor offered to sleep on the floor, my immediate reaction was EW.

That was very ewww. A hotel room floor is the grossest of the gross. 

Shallow bus- I loved the asymmetrical magenta cocktail dress Mia had on for the event. Very cute. I love Sophia Bush as her Dad’s gf. 

• Love 1