Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E02: Stoplight Party

• Start Topic

10 hours ago, festivus said:

I had to look her up. The little girl from The New Normal. I would have never remembered that on my own.

And The Real O'Neals.  I guess supporting parts in queer shows are her thing.

And I am there for it.

• Love 1

Ha, I love that Simon is the Sally to Victor's Felicity.

This episode confirmed to me that Lake is way too desperate for my taste. She makes Felix look calm, cool, and collected. I totally remember what it was like to have a crush on someone in high school so I get it, but GIRL, using a picture of yourself with your cousin at your grandmother's funeral to pretend that you have a college boyfriend in the hopes that a guy who clearly has no interest in you will suddenly like you? Never going to work and just makes you look thirsty AF. I also don't like how pushy she is with Mia. I know that having an empty house is like gold at that age, but ugh.

I like that Benji is just a nice normal guy (so far). It's a relief to know that there are a few nice people at school (right now the count seems to consist of only Mia, Felix, and Benji). No surprise at all that the basketball jerk was a jerk at the party.

I was glad that Victor realized he was being a jerk so he could hang out with the basketball team and that he got poor Felix away from them.

Poor Pilar. As uncool as it may seem, LISTEN TO YOUR MOM. Sending boob pictures when you're 14 is a terrible idea (it's actually a terrible idea at any age but especially at that age!). Getting dumped sucks, but it's realistic. I would have been more surprised if a high school freshman was able to make a long distance relationship work.

I'll be interested to find out what the problem between the parents ends up being. The dad said they had to move from Texas because of the mom, so it sounds like he blames her for something. Did she lose her job? Cheat? Insult his boss and get him fired? But later he told her that she was judging him (which she was NOT - she simply asked if he had tried actually talking to Pilar and the obvious answer was no, he waited until his wife got home so that he could tell her to do it).

• Love 2
On 6/19/2020 at 10:36 AM, ElectricBoogaloo said:

I'll be interested to find out what the problem between the parents ends up being. The dad said they had to move from Texas because of the mom, so it sounds like he blames her for something. Did she lose her job? Cheat? Insult his boss and get him fired? But later he told her that she was judging him (which she was NOT - she simply asked if he had tried actually talking to Pilar and the obvious answer was no, he waited until his wife got home so that he could tell her to do it).

Yeah I’m interested to see what the issue is as well. My first thought was that she cheated. 

I like Rachel Hilson as Mia. I know her as teenage Beth on This is Us.