Type keyword(s) to search

S27.E08: Lady Gaga, Chris Evans, Michelle Dockery, Josh Gad, Michaela Coel, Niall Horan

• Start Topic

Joining Graham on his virtual sofa are: global pop superstar Lady Gaga, talking about her new album Chromatica; Captain America Chris Evans and Downton's Michelle Dockery, together in crime drama series Defending Jacob; Hollywood star Josh Gad (Frozen, and Beauty and the Beast), in new musical animated sitcom Central Park; and Chewing Gum star Michaela Coel, in new BBC drama I May Destroy You. Singer-songwriter Niall Horan chats and gives a home performance of his single Black and White. 

Damn this was short. 41 minutes with commercials. There were a couple of weird edits too, so I presume in the UK they got more...which I know is standard but usually don't we get 41 minutes of actual show, then the commercials bring it to an hour?

I’m not sure about the other interviews but they cut a good 5 - 7 minutes from Michelle & Chris. Graham asked her if she had any Downton things lying around and she showed off a wooden spoon that said ‘Mrs Patmore’s Kitchen’ which she wasn’t sure how she ended up with it. Graham was disappointed it wasn’t anything more glamorous. LOL

Then Chris showed off his dog Dodger as Graham asked after him and they also talked about Knives Out and the whole internet blowing up over the sweater issue.

I had seen someone post a link to it back when it first aired so I was really looking forward to Friday when we got to see it. Of course now I can’t find that link. 

I don’t know why they cut the show time down. Stupidest thing they’ve done with their best show. 

• Love 2
10 hours ago, pvandal said:

I’m not sure about the other interviews but they cut a good 5 - 7 minutes from Michelle & Chris.

No wonder it was disappointing. It definitely felt like they got the short shrift.

This was the last virtual show, according to Graham. Would this have been the end of the current season anyway?

1 hour ago, dubbel zout said:

This was the last virtual show, according to Graham. Would this have been the end of the current season anyway?

Most of Graham's previous spring seasons have been a dozen episodes. In a normal year, he'd have lots of people promoting summer movie releases, tv shows, and music, but the show probably ran out of guests. Graham seems quite private and low key off camera so I can't see him and the show making up things for him to do by himself to keep the time slot going. He's at low risk of being cancelled by the BBC.

On 6/7/2020 at 10:25 PM, pvandal said:

Then Chris showed off his dog Dodger as Graham asked after him and they also talked about Knives Out and the whole internet blowing up over the sweater issue.

I had seen someone post a link to it back when it first aired so I was really looking forward to Friday when we got to see it. Of course now I can’t find that link.

I don’t know why they cut the show time down. Stupidest thing they’ve done with their best show. 

I'm only able to watch clips on YouTube, but I'm surprised they cut that. It's so cute!

• Love 2

Niall Horan's segment was the one I enjoyed the most. The rest of the members of One Direction (and indeed, most boy bands) leave me cold, but I've really enjoyed his solo work and the interviews of his I've seen.

• Love 3