Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E01: Augie Jeong

• Start Topic

The wheel has turned so much that a show about young-ish love in the big city and that city isn't LA is a neat twist!

As a diehard Linsanity fan, I think it's a little weird they watched that Toronto game-winning shot game at a bar, because that was Valentine's Day. And then didn't mention that at all.

Breaking Augie and Darby up this way seemed plausible enough, though I don't personally think Politico is the kind of place where extremely left wing people go to help the cause. If anything, I think they were the kind of people who thought their lives would be largely unchanged whether Obama or Romney won in 2012. <shrug> It's still nice to name-drop real life stuff like the Knicks (and how they were actually doing in 2012) and Politico.

• Love 2

I just saw this on TBS.  This is not the first show I've seen recently starring young people where the dialogue is reduced to nothing but sharp-witted one liners.  Is that because young people learn how to socialize on social media?  This is a legitimate question.

Oh, and Anna Kendrick reminds me of Zosia Mamet, and when I looked up that combination I found out that they have actually appeared together before.  

Sorry but any guy that says he loves you and then goodbye in the same breath does not really love you enough.  Another reason to read "He's Just Not That Into You" again.

• Love 2
14 hours ago, Jillybean said:

Interesting that TBS is airing this after the run on HBO Max. They must have done a fair bit of editing to make it suitable for basic cable.

What did they edit out, can you remember?

19 hours ago, Jillybean said:

Interesting that TBS is airing this after the run on HBO Max. They must have done a fair bit of editing to make it suitable for basic cable.

I wondered what the story was when I saw the original air date on the episodes is 2020.

5 hours ago, Yeah No said:

What did they edit out, can you remember?

It's been a few months since I watched this on HBOMax, and I haven't seen the TBS version, and I don't want to mention stuff from other episodes in this thread...but there are some sex scenes with non-PG13 language. Think Sex and the City edited for E! -- except that they also cut out entire scenes and plotlines to make room for commercials and I don't think TBS did that since they're promoting the hell out of this and saying "limited commercial interruptions."

• Love 1
6 hours ago, Jillybean said:

It's been a few months since I watched this on HBOMax, and I haven't seen the TBS version, and I don't want to mention stuff from other episodes in this thread...but there are some sex scenes with non-PG13 language. Think Sex and the City edited for E! -- except that they also cut out entire scenes and plotlines to make room for commercials and I don't think TBS did that since they're promoting the hell out of this and saying "limited commercial interruptions."

Thanks, actually that was very helpful as I've watched SATC both on HBO and later on E! so I know what you mean!

Hopefully the limited commercial breaks on this show mean they're not editing too much of any real importance out.

Edited by Yeah No
On 8/11/2021 at 12:07 AM, Yeah No said:

Sorry but any guy that says he loves you and then goodbye in the same breath does not really love you enough.  Another reason to read "He's Just Not That Into You" again.

I loved that, actually. They both realized their goals, and never ended up being right for one another anyway. She let him go because she knew he loved her but he was on a different path. I am broken hearted by how many of my friends didn't think clearly and I am now attending their second weddings. Some, third!

Later episodes hade me hating this show as a whole, because even our heroine couldn't resist trying marriage on impulse,  but I was proud of Augie and Darby for not putting all of their eggs in one basket.....

Spoiler

Until later, when she put an egg in BOTH of THEIR baskets. Ba dump bump.

• Love 1
4 hours ago, Chewy101 said:

I loved that, actually. They both realized their goals, and never ended up being right for one another anyway. She let him go because she knew he loved her but he was on a different path. I am broken hearted by how many of my friends didn't think clearly and I am now attending their second weddings. Some, third!

Maybe the difference is that when I say "I love you" to a man it's for keeps, as in "I want to spend the rest of my life with you".  Otherwise it's love like I just love everybody.  When it comes to men, if it were that easy for him to let me go he wasn't "the one" that wants to spend the rest of his life with me anyway.  There are always obstacles but those that love you for keeps will make compromises to keep you in their life so as to not have to give you up.  Even if unrealistic talk about a plan to make that a reality.  At least stay in touch to see if it's what you both want after a while.  So when a guy like Augie says he "loves" her it's like he loves everybody not the one woman he wants to spend his life with, which ultimately means he's just not that into her.  In my world there are no half ways about this.

On 8/21/2021 at 8:04 AM, Yeah No said:

Maybe the difference is that when I say "I love you" to a man it's for keeps, as in "I want to spend the rest of my life with you".  Otherwise it's love like I just love everybody.  When it comes to men, if it were that easy for him to let me go he wasn't "the one" that wants to spend the rest of his life with me anyway.  There are always obstacles but those that love you for keeps will make compromises to keep you in their life so as to not have to give you up.  Even if unrealistic talk about a plan to make that a reality.  At least stay in touch to see if it's what you both want after a while.  So when a guy like Augie says he "loves" her it's like he loves everybody not the one woman he wants to spend his life with, which ultimately means he's just not that into her.  In my world there are no half ways about this.

They knew each for, what, a couple months? I think she wasn't terribly broken up about him leaving because she feels like you do. She was disappointed, but knew if he was gone that easily, they did not have enough at that point to compromise areas of their lives they were sure about. And staying in touch with an ex closes you off to potential new possibilities, so I think it was right that they cut ties.

I think we are saying the same thing. And believe the same way, actually.

Spoiler

And aside from an oopsie daisy offspring, nothing ever meant much between them, anyway. And her decisions just get worse and worse as the series goes along.

14 hours ago, chitowngirl said:

Please don’t talk about things that you know are going to happen in other episodes.

I agree, I didn't know that stuff as I haven't watched the entire season yet.  It's still airing weekly on TBS.  Fortunately I'm old and I probably won't remember it anyway, LOL, but it should at least be put under a spoiler alert.

• LOL 1
  • Love 1