Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E07: Job

• Start Topic

I hope others are watching this because I am SO confused!!

So this is a miniseries, not a series. And it says "episode 7 of 7" on the descrip of this episode.

I assume that means this was the last episode. We did get the resolve of the guilty party but beyond that we get nothing. I still don't understand what the entire purpose of that grand jury trial the dad was going through was even about?! The miniseries started and ended with him being questioned and we never know why. What a terrible plot hole!!

There’s one more episode.  It was a weird way to start, with a grand jury, so confusing, but I guess they found out he threw away the knife.  And we still don’t know who the killer is.  

11 hours ago, Lemons said:

And we still don’t know who the killer is.  

Yea, I didn't really buy the child molester guy's confession. I feel like there's another twist coming as to who killed Ben. Either that or it really was Jacob. I also wondered if they might just leave it ambiguous who killed him, which would annoy me.

• Love 1

I agree with the confusion. Why are we still seeing the Grand Jury if there has been enough information presented to indict Jacob? I wonder if it is any more clear in the book, which I have on reserve? Unless it was just to focus on the father.

The grand jury thing we're seeing with Chris Evans and the guy from OITNB (I have no idea what either character's name is lol) must be about something Chris Evans himself did, either the throwing out of the knife or something we haven't seen yet.

2 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:

The grand jury thing we're seeing with Chris Evans and the guy from OITNB (I have no idea what either character's name is lol) must be about something Chris Evans himself did, either the throwing out of the knife or something we haven't seen yet.

The beginning of the grand jury the ADA asked about the knife and Jacob’s father admitted he threw it away.  That’s enough to bring it to a grand jury. 

On 5/24/2020 at 6:17 PM, peachmangosteen said:

Yeah, I have thought for a while that there was something more than the knife situation or why would we still be seeing this questioning (when the knife thing was brought up at the beginning).

And I'm glad to hear there is one more episode because the current episodes ARE numbered "1 of 7" all the way up to "7 of 7" for the Job episode, so I'm going with you guys and maybe they just numbered them wrong. If that was the end it was a terrible ending.

Wait! I just went to the Apple TV+ page and it says "Season 1" so is this no longer a miniseries and now it's a regular show?? Hmm.

(edited)
On 5/26/2020 at 3:44 PM, Mazzy said:

Yeah, I have thought for a while that there was something more than the knife situation or why would we still be seeing this questioning (when the knife thing was brought up at the beginning).

And I'm glad to hear there is one more episode because the current episodes ARE numbered "1 of 7" all the way up to "7 of 7" for the Job episode, so I'm going with you guys and maybe they just numbered them wrong. If that was the end it was a terrible ending.

Wait! I just went to the Apple TV+ page and it says "Season 1" so is this no longer a miniseries and now it's a regular show?? Hmm.

That must just be a mistake.  I think it's just a one-off miniseries based on the book. 

Edited by GussieK
  • Love 1