Type keyword(s) to search

Hightown in the Media

• Start Topic

Much to my surprise, this has been renewed for Season 2. Excerpt from the link:

In a statement, Christina Davis, president of original programming at Starz, said, “Audiences are already deeply engaged with these flawed and complex characters and in a second season we will continue to dive deeper into the relationships between them amidst the shifting tides on the Cape.”

To whomever finds these "flawed and complex characters" engaging, enjoy your continued journey into this swirling vortex of poor choices, gloominess and despair.

• Useful 1
  • Love 7
On 6/11/2020 at 1:06 PM, giovannif7 said:

Much to my surprise, this has been renewed for Season 2. Excerpt from the link:

To whomever finds these "flawed and complex characters" engaging, enjoy your continued journey into this swirling vortex of poor choices, gloominess and despair.

I'm watching bits and pieces - enough to see how the story ends, but this show seems poorly constructed.  It's choppy and the storyline is simplistic.  The things it did get right (for my tastes) are the characters and their backstories and the actors who play them. 

It reminds me of Perry Mason on HBO.  I have the same issues with that show.

4 hours ago, Jextella said:

I'm watching bits and pieces - enough to see how the story ends, but this show seems poorly constructed.  It's choppy and the storyline is simplistic.  The things it did get right (for my tastes) are the characters and their backstories and the actors who play them. 

It reminds me of Perry Mason on HBO.  I have the same issues with that show.

That's usually what I like most about shows, the characters and their backstories.  It's getting better but they sure are killing them all off. 

‘Hightown’ To End With Season 3 On Starz

Hightown (Final) 7 episode Season 3 will premiere on Friday, January 26, 2024 at 9pm.

Hightown-S3-Monica-Raymund-Jackie-Quinon

(Lots of pictures in the article)

Season 3 follows Massachusetts State Trooper Jackie Quiñones (Monica Raymund) who has fallen off the wagon and her job due to it. Jackie doesn’t let any of that stop her from trying to help save many of the most often ignored and forgotten victims in Cape Cod, sex workers.

• Useful 2
On 12/12/2023 at 12:50 PM, AnimeMania said:

‘Hightown’ To End With Season 3 On Starz

Hightown (Final) 7 episode Season 3 will premiere on Friday, January 26, 2024 at 9pm.

Hightown-S3-Monica-Raymund-Jackie-Quinon

(Lots of pictures in the article)

Season 3 follows Massachusetts State Trooper Jackie Quiñones (Monica Raymund) who has fallen off the wagon and her job due to it. Jackie doesn’t let any of that stop her from trying to help save many of the most often ignored and forgotten victims in Cape Cod, sex workers.

My Mom is excited. She loves this show. It hasn’t gotten much buzz but it’s good. 

• Like 1