Jump to content
Forums forums
PRIMETIMER

saoirse

S01.E05: Tradition!

Recommended Posts

Robin tackles the fall holidays bravely but feels she can't compare to how well Scott handled them. Oliver struggles with Peter's transgression. Theo makes new friends, but they aren't the best influence. Luly gets news about her adoptive family.

Airing Thursday, May 28, 2020.

 

Share this post


Link to post

Ugh.  I think I'm out.  There is nothing original in this, including the newly bereaved/divorced ending up immediately in new relationships.  I'm sorry, if you have five children, including a newborn, how about thinking about them for a few years.  You may not have chosen to be widowed, but you did choose to be a parent.  "Let's take it really slow and talk," she says, and they immediately snog. 

Oh and now are we going to have the older guy and the mom get together?  Please no.  (Especially since he's my favourite character.)

Plus that green outfit Robin wore (Thanksgiving?) was hideous.

  • Love 1

Share this post


Link to post

Yes Larry is too good for Patricia. And of course in burning through the storylines they ended Anthony and Robin’s respective love interests to set up them getting together. 
 

This episode just showed how exhausting dealing with big families over the holidays is and why it’s not something I will want to deal with if I ever have my own family. Larry’s traditions of his own seemed more enjoyable. Just seemed like too much with all the kids and the dads, and the significant others involved. And still why is Theo not in therapy. 
 

I did like Oliver and Peter reading the vows at the end, that was a nice scene. Though not sure what was going on with that other guy who was texting both of them, those in itself were not getting worked up over. Should have just dealt with him after he found out about the kiss.

95% chance this is a one and done but 5% chance that maybe it’s cheap enough to film in Savannah and they keep this as a summer show. The ratings are not great but they aren’t really worse than what Zoey’s Extraordinary Whatever got and NBC seems to really want to renew that one.

  • Love 3

Share this post


Link to post
On 5/29/2020 at 12:06 AM, gsnrocks92 said:

Yes Larry is too good for Patricia. And of course in burning through the storylines they ended Anthony and Robin’s respective love interests to set up them getting together. 
 

I think the whole reason they FF'd through the year was so they can get Robin & Anthony together thinking they can avoid the "too fast!!" complaints.  The problem with this is that it didn't allow for character development.  I don't like Anthony.  Speeding through months so quickly did nothing to warm me up to him.  But, since I don't really like any of these people, I guess I don't really care.  I'll finish this season, but if it manages to get renewed I most likely won't be back. 

On 5/29/2020 at 12:06 AM, gsnrocks92 said:

I did like Oliver and Peter reading the vows at the end, that was a nice scene. Though not sure what was going on with that other guy who was texting both of them, those in itself were not getting worked up over. Should have just dealt with him after he found out about the kiss.

I didn't really get this either, but admittedly I am often surfing the web or doing other things during this show so I'm sure I miss a lot. 

Share this post


Link to post

I did love how each holiday segment was introduced by the dog snitching something yummy off the table 🙂

  • Love 2
  • Laugh 2

Share this post


Link to post

×
×
  • Create New...

Customize font-size