Type keyword(s) to search

Masterchef (AU) In the Media

• Start Topic

Boooo! 

I guess at least I like Poh and I'm glad they're retaining some diversity (the bar is pretty low). But part of the show has always been the judges' chemistry, and this all sounds thrown together pretty last minute. 

• Applause 1
17 hours ago, Snazzy Daisy said:

What's with this shady posting, Lauren?

I find this paragraph so sus...

There have been rumors that Mel is actually difficult to work with from the crew. Apparently she never really got along with the other judges. She's not leaving the channel or the brand as she is continuing her job on the Desserts show.

4 judges is a lot even for this show so maybe they are testing the waters and see who they can keep after the first year.

• Useful 2
4 hours ago, Athena said:

There have been rumors that Mel is actually difficult to work with from the crew. Apparently she never really got along with the other judges. She's not leaving the channel or the brand as she is continuing her job on the Desserts show.

4 judges is a lot even for this show so maybe they are testing the waters and see who they can keep after the first year.

Yeah, heard the rumors before. Allegedly, she does her own makeup because she has mistreated the MUAs she worked with. Some have made complaints to the producers. She has accused the crews of bullying for not getting her a birthday cake while they have celebrated Andy’s. Dramahhh!

Re the new judges, not really excited about it. I like Poh in very small doses. I wish they would opt for Matt Moran instead. 😔

• Like 2
  • Useful 1

Andy Allen's IG post in memory of his best friend.

One year ❤️ All I can say is we miss you mate.

I miss chewing the fat with you about all things food. I miss the early morning on set FaceTime calls to Loz and the kids. I miss your Carbonara and Negronis. I miss your infectious energy, smile and laugh. I miss trying to beat you on any par 3 for a bottle of whiskey. I miss your hatred for pears and cinnamon. I miss you overordering every time and when I get full you say "come on Andy..." I miss you laughing at me when my pants don't fit halfway through a seaon of filming. I miss watching you teach and pass on your knowledge and wisdom. I miss you calling me Lord Allen of The Ducks.

Today has been tough. While you're watching down on us having a glass, you should be so proud of your family and the way they've navigated the last 12 months

SOURCE

Andy & Jock 1.jpg

• Sad 2

Are they throwing shades at Melissa??!

Melbourne-based Sofia in particular has not failed to disappoint as she has left the cast and crew seriously impressed. A source told how she has 'real' on-screen 'chemistry' with Andy, 36, and the pair have become good friends since appearing on the show together.

'You can see they have real chemistry, and casting has a lot to do with making these judges pop on camera,' they told Woman's Day. 'The long days were hard but Sofia made everything fun for cast and crew.'

• Useful 1

Did you write this, Snazzydaisy? It's like they've been reading your mind as well as mine! 😂

Ever the 'Aussie Lad', Pezza is known to make a joke or two about his missus, but for some fans of the show, it's simply no longer funny. During Wednesday's episode he dropped a quip about liking to "get away" from his wife and it really rubbed some viewers the wrong way.

"We wanted Pezza back but with those “my wife” jokes he can probably stay off #MasterChefAU," one person wrote on X.

"Oooooh Pezza's wife knows where to find him now when he disappears for a few hours," wrote another.

"Pezza's dish looks good, but can we as a society get away from the "wife bad" jokes?" another viewer wrote on Reddit.

"Yeah, it just makes me cringe every time," someone replied. "Wonder how she feels watching it."

"Pezza with the fkn wife jokes again. With the vego and Asian food comments, it's like he got his personality out of a white boomer joke book," a different person added.

Edited by katisha
  • Like 1
  • LOL 1