Type keyword(s) to search

Masterchef (AU) In the Media

• Start Topic

I don't mind the RBF because my good friend has one (I dodged her when we first met and she would chase me and acted like she wanted to be my friend but she always looked so sour. She turned out to be a darling, just really grumpy looking!!!) but I don't find Sarah  pleasant at all. Arrogant and constantly name dropping!

• LOL 1

Why MasterChef Australia’s Finale Was Filmed Differently This Year

The 2022 season of Masterchef Australia has undergone a revamp with the Fans and Favourites concept — where 12 previous contestants (Favourites) compete alongside 12 amateur cooks (Fans). But producers have also changed the way in which the pre-filmed finale was shot.

In a bid to avoid spoilers and keep the winner's identity concealed, the Channel 10 show filmed different endings, each featuring a different finalist being crowned the 14th winner of Masterchef Australia.

• Mind Blown 1
(edited)

Latest Masterchef odds on Sportsbet.

Spoiler

1701138972_LatestMCodds.jpg.5f4b7a454921251ffa6a18c1b63b20ff.jpg

All I can say is...

Spoiler

..bad enough that they seemed so bloody determined to have Daniel in the final few of the competition, but him outlasting Julie is simply unthinkable.  Well, the only one left he should outlast is Montana and I reckon she's probably a bit better than him anyway. 

Edited by katisha
  • Mind Blown 2

Mel and Andy at the Logie Awards tonight.  Jock couldn't make it (apparently he had to have a minor surgery).  Masterchef won Most Popular Light Entertainment program (not that that will mean much to our overseas viewers - doesn't mean much to us Aussies either!)

melissa-leong-andy-allen.jpg

Spoiler

https://sodramaticonline.com/2022/06/21/masterchef-australia-final-three/

According to a well-placed insider, MasterChef Australia is currently filming the last few episodes of the season and they have some very interesting updates to share.

“Julie gets eliminated before reaching the top three,” they dished (wut?!), before revealing that Daniel, Billie McKay and Sarah Todd had made it to the final trio.

Ok, given the bump for Sarah's odds recently, this top 3 makes a lot of sense.

“Producers are pushing for Billie to get into the finale as allegedly Heston Blumenthal is coming back for the finale and the producers want Billie and Heston to have a reunion,” they insider continued.

“There’s a chance that Daniel will likely win as the producers are allegedly favouring for a fan to win the season!”

If it is Billie vs. Daniel in the final 2 and Daniel wins, I and I'm sure many others will quit watching Masterchef for good.

Heston coming back for the finale would be awesome.

4 hours ago, ppl said:
  Reveal spoiler

https://sodramaticonline.com/2022/06/21/masterchef-australia-final-three/

Ok, given the bump for Sarah's odds recently, this top 3 makes a lot of sense.

If it is Billie vs. Daniel in the final 2 and Daniel wins, I and I'm sure many others will quit watching Masterchef for good.

Heston coming back for the finale would be awesome.

If that happens,

Spoiler

..it would be the worst outcome in MC history, even worse than Emma Dean!

(edited)

So, to sum up the latest Sportsbet odds after Alvin's elimination...

Spoiler

Billie is at incredibly short odds to win.  Next in line are Dan (!!!) and Sarah, who are currently at the same odds of 8-1.  Then we've got Julie, then Keyma.  So some might be pleased that Julie won't make final three, but as much as they've favoured her this season, there's no doubt she should be top three in Dan's place.  In fact, if they had to have a Fan there, why not Keyma?  But I'm now resigned to him being where he does not deserve to be, sadly.

Edited by katisha
40 minutes ago, SnazzyDaisy said:

Alvin should’ve joined Back To Win. It’s so much better than this Julie Goodwin Show mumbo jumbo. 😔

I couldn't agree more!

• Wink 1
(edited)

Daniel says nobody's more shocked than he is that he's still in the running for the title this year.  I strongly beg to differ! 🤨

And hasn't the author overdosed on that Kool-Aid!

While other contestants have packed up their cooking utensils after crumbling in a MasterChef pressure test, Lamble has repeatedly gone up against some of the most experienced chefs and still managed to come out shining.

Yes, funny how that happens when you're judged by totally different standards than pretty much any other contestant!

Edited by katisha
  • Love 1

Interesting: There is going to be a dessert-focused spin-off this year with Melissa and Amaury Guichon this year.  It will be professionals though, not amateurs. I guess that's good because I don't think they can sustain a whole season of only spheres, gels and soils. 

Also this article is a bit old, but Jock says the 2023 regular season will have fewer contestants, no returning contestants and none of the preliminary rounds before the actual contest begins. These are all positive changes, in my mind. 

(edited)

“Give it up for Jock everybody!”

RIP Mr. Zonfrillo…🕊🕊🕊

It’s sad to read some nasty speculations online about his COD when we don’t know the whole truth.

According to Mel’s IG story, they have finished filming the grand finale. 

E961D588-867C-4268-ACA9-F1C8AAD9DAF1.jpeg

Edited by SnazzyDaisy
  • Sad 1
(edited)
5 hours ago, SnazzyDaisy said:

“Give it up for Jock everybody!”

RIP Mr. Zonfrillo…🕊🕊🕊

It’s sad to read some nasty speculations online about his COD when we don’t know the whole truth.

According to Mel’s IG story, they have finished filming the grand finale. 

E961D588-867C-4268-ACA9-F1C8AAD9DAF1.jpeg

The antivaxxer brigade were there providing some of that yesterday. Got very pissed off and said so.

Today I have been reading that apparently Jock had bowel cancer a few years ago, came through it okay but then it returned. Having had chemo myself and experienced what it does to your sense of taste, I can only imagine how tough that would be for someone who works with and loves food. But whatever happened, I am gutted and so sad for his family. 

Edited by katisha
  • Sad 1
1 hour ago, katisha said:

The antivaxxer brigade were there providing some of that yesterday. Got very pissed off and said so.

Today I have been reading that apparently Jock had bowel cancer a few years ago, came through it okay but then it returned. Having had chemo myself and experienced what it does to your sense of taste, I can only imagine how tough that would be for someone who works with and loves food. But whatever happened, I am gutted and so sad for his family. 

Yeah, they’re always triggered with the words “died suddenly”. Some are quick to point out that it’s definitely suicide. Totally lack of compassion.

Physically, Jock seemed fine on tv - no obvious weight loss, still got his hair and he’s a big eater on the show. The cancer news is shocking.

I have read that the fate of S15 lies in the hands of Jock’s family, specifically his wife Lauren and with whatever direction they decide to go with, the network and major sponsors are determined to be respectful of it.

I also read that they left their Melbourne home with plan to move overseas.

Jock’s younger kids are still small, 5yo and 2yo. 😢

13BF61AD-5ACF-47D6-A0FE-BE12C401D4DB.jpeg

• Sad 1
5 hours ago, katisha said:

I'm not sure if any of our overseas viewers will be able to see this, but if you've ever wanted to see what kind of a dancer Matt Preston is, wonder no more!

His hip doesn’t move at all. His mid part is so stiff…😆

Is this the first episode of a new season?

10 hours ago, Snazzy Daisy said:

His hip doesn’t move at all. His mid part is so stiff…😆

Is this the first episode of a new season?

If you want to watch it too, should we start a topic or wouldn't there be enough interest? I think I am already invested after night 1!

4 hours ago, katisha said:

If you want to watch it too, should we start a topic or wouldn't there be enough interest? I think I am already invested after night 1!

TBH, I never follow DWTS. MCAU is the only reality tv show that I watch.

But if you occasionally provide the link for us to see Matt grooving, we will definitely watch! 😉