Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E10: Response -The Struggle for Trost, Part 6

Interesting episode tonight. Armin snaps himself out of his pity party and manages to save EMA by talking down a regiment of soldiers. Pixis finally comes back and handles 1,000 yard stare guy and is interested in using Eren to retake Trost. He also wants to be eaten by a hot titan. Missed his chance with Moe Titan, I guess. 

This is the episode that proved to me that this isn't a series about death, its about hope (and communication). It really was moving in the Japanese version. I think its because in the dub the music is turned way down. I am unaware if that was intentional choice or the effect of dubbing.

Poor Sasha. Bad timing on her part.

This episode was a little talky for me, and I had to laugh at Armin shouting a long speech about maximizing military strategic value.

Looking forward to next week though, seems like Eren is going to turn it around.

Yeah, when you say you have 15 seconds you can't have the actors go into Shakespearean monologues. The angst and whining of the Armin & Eren voice actors are starting to grate a little. It's so overdone I start thinking how silly the actor must look.

Annndd...I've found my first ship on this show. Pixis should get together with Sasha and raise a family of little weirdos.

It's nice that they brought up something that's been bugging me for a while, but I didn't want to mention it because it was just something I'd missed: Where the hell is Eren's dad?

When Eren goes to move that rock, I'll be disappointed if he doesn't lift it on his shoulder and do an Atlas pose.

• Love 1

I wholeheartedly agree that this was a talky episode. All the action and intensity of the previous episodes slammed into a not-so-illuminating wall of talk. I liked the moments about Eren’s dad.

Speaking of which….I know we are building to a big reveal re: Eren’s dad and the cellar, but it is still a little jarring to me whenever he’s mentioned. It usually takes me a moment before I realize that we’re seeing different moments of the same flashback. At least that’s what I think is going on. So far, I like that they give us a little more information about their conversation each time and it doesn’t feel overly drawn out to me yet.

It’s hilarious to me that Eren has the same questions about his dad: Where are you? What’s with all the secrecy? Could you have stopped all this? Are you insane? (Probably..) I look forward to finding how it all plays out and what Levi and Co. will bring to the story.

(edited)

I'm betting on Baby Titans in giant jars in that cellar.

Out of curiosity, how long does "The Struggle For Trost" last?

ETA: I'm okay with the "talky." These people think faster than anybody can react, especially a little brainiac like Armin. I'm surprised "1,000 Yard Stare" (heh) didn't open fire while the smoke was clearing.

Edited by Lantern7
(edited)

Even with a stomachache, Sasha's still sitting next to a basket full of bread. I missed that the first time, heh. I support her appreciation for food.

The angst and whining of the Armin & Eren voice actors are starting to grate a little. It's so overdone I start thinking how silly the actor must look.

Armin sounded particularly ridiculous when giving his heartfelt speech to 1000 Yard Stare. His voice was on the verge of cracking when he was getting particularly yelly. It's hard to be take him seriously when he sounds like he's trapped in puberty.

How is the VA going to handle the character when Armin's more confident and manipulative? Granted, that's a season away, but still. Will Armin suddenly be out of puberty?

I'm okay with the "talky." These people think faster than anybody can react, especially a little brainiac like Armin. I'm surprised "1,000 Yard Stare" (heh) didn't open fire while the smoke was clearing.

I'm not bothered by "talky," either. I see it more as "in the moment" thought processes. It's a difficult thing to express without the talking.

Edited by the fresh maker