Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E05: I Gotta Go

Bill C.
  • Start Topic

Concerned over Ghost's attitude, Tasha interferes with club business. Ghost and Angela pursue their affair. Tommy pursues a club employee.

Pink Sneakers (a.k.a. CFMPs in this episode) and her mystery agenda continues to be the best thing about this show.  Girlfriend's virtually a Terminator.

Other than the last twelve minutes, and the random boobage, this was a pretty low-key episode.  Not insignificant, just low-key.  Holly suddenly seems like more of a match for Tommy than she did in the last episode, between petty theft and blabbing about seeing James and Angie's wall boink to Tommy (who, even after finding that out, keeps it to himself).  Tasha and James are now both lying to each other about various things (let alone her continuing to mack on poor Shawn to get him under her thumb), and we finally got overt confirmation in-show that both she and Tommy are trying to "keep Ghost grounded."  And Angie and her FBI agent boyfriend are officially on a break, it appears, over her continual headbutts with the asshole agents also after Lobos (and her gravitating back to James, but he doesn't know that).

Besides Pink Sneakers murder attempt it was a forgettable episode. They should try less sex scenes and more action scenes. I don't think anyone is interested in seeing Angela's breast anymore and the show should definitely stop showing the kids.

Shawn makes me so sad with his stupidity.

Shawn is the only character on this show who doesn't make any sense at all to me. He's not a bad looking kid with what apppears to be a decent body. Unfortunately he has to spend a lot of his time either driving or waiting to drive but you'd think he'd still have a few hours left to see a girlfriend or enjoy some casual female attention. It's ridiculous that Tasha is able to use a few relatively tame moves to work him due to his apparently having no other outlet for that kind of energy.

• Love 1

Considering James's two "jobs," and the whole loyalty-to-Kanan thing (though that might have been slightly subverted in this episode with the remark that if Kanan wasn't in prison James and Tommy would "still be selling on the corner"), I'm not that surprised Shawn is stuck around either him or Tasha nearly 24/7.  He's also the closest thing to a normal person in this show...which, unfortunately, does make it that much sadder that Tasha's macking on him is wearing his resistance down.  And that's on top of his keeping, at least until now, the secret about James and Angie.  He's screwed coming and going, and while the most awesome thing he could possibly do when this all hits the fan is bitch out both the St. Patricks and bounce...it will never happen.  Loyalty is a major running thread with James' side of the story, and...well...

Besides Pink Sneakers murder attempt it was a forgettable episode. They should try less sex scenes and more action scenes. I don't think anyone is interested in seeing Angela's breast anymore and the show should definitely stop showing the kids.

I'm not necessarily averse to the boobage (universally perky as it is; as of this episode we've now seen the breasts of every major female character except Frankie and Holly); gratuitous as it is, they've at least tried to have the nudity make sense within the show's context.  Which also applies to the semi-random shots of Omari Hardwick's ass, I guess.  The kids, now, are just plot devices...and used pretty obviously as such.

It's the mother of all crime cliches, Gillian...though it absolutely does not negate his need to sit the fuck down.  (Combined with that odd "distance" in Omari's acting as well...it makes it worse, and so I'm kind of over James at this point.  He's well past the point of "a basically good man making bad choices.")  And indirectly it applies to Tasha as well, though at least she hasn't actually banged Shawn (yet?).

The main problem I'm having is chemistry or lack of. I feel no chemistry btwn Jaime and Angela. I don't see anything there that would make me understand why he would risk his home life to be with her.

I don't see any chemistry btwn Jaime and Tasha, so why not cheat on her, cause there's nothing there anyway.

I definitely don't see anything between Jaime and Tommy. I just don't believe them as life long friends.

• Love 1
(edited)

I really think it's a combination of clichéd writing and second-rate casting choices that makes this show mediocre. As Brooklynista already pointed out, the chemistry in the relationships is not working. I have seen Omari in other things and he is a passable actor. But, similar to Halle Berry, I think he is the level of actor who needs great material, great directing and great supporting cast in order to rise above being a good looking actor with passable skills. Mariska Hargitay and Christopher Meloni are examples of actors who rise above the material on a tv show.

Also, Debbi Morgan needs to begin acting workshops with these people everyday because an actress of her talents is totally wasted just playing Tasha's mom/nanny.

Edited by red12
  • Love 1
(edited)

Glad to see I'm not the only one watching this stupid show.  I'm pretty sure the only reason I keep tuning in is to see Omari's lovely ass (and the actor who plays Tommy is quite the butter face - if they had him shirtless or naked more often, I would like his character more!).

I don't think I like any of the characters, except for Pink Sneakers, because she's slowly taking out every character, and that one waitress who called Holly out on not showing up to work now that she's fucking the boss.  

Edited by luckyroll3