Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E09: Old Friends Not Forgotten

After letting it bounce around in my head for the day, I found it ooc of Kenobi to say, 'we need to get back to the Chancellor'. I know it looks at face value a set up for Ahsoka to snap at him about what 'real people' think of the Jedi, but the guy loves adventure and daring. I think he either knows Maul is there and doesn't want to deal, or can't yet deal, or something else is going on that they don't know about. Because he's never really worried about the chancellor before. 

The one criticism I've always had with the tv shows is the overuse of Maul. He's like Krycek on the X Files. Showing up everywhere. 

We all know how he eventually ends, and it had to be Kenobi that does it, but I hope Ahsoka still kicks the shit out of him. I hope she chokes him within an inch of hid life and he runs scared like the bitch that he is. 

Edited by DoctorAtomic
  • Love 1

Ahsoka Tano. Damn. She was literally on fire. My heart was pounding the whole time. Anytime Rex and Ahsoka were together made my heart sing. He was smiling and laughing with her.

First, I hope these last four episodes are all 30 minutes and then they make it a movie so the series starts and ends with a movie. 

The music hits were call back to the films. You have the same music when Luke was with Jabba and when Anakin was trying to get the tactical droid out in the open. We also got the same music when Ahsoka jumps out of the ship to beat Rex to the surface as the opening of Revenge of the Sith.

And FINALLY Ahsoka’s lightsabers made an appearance. I’m glad they waited. I had just assumed she left with them but the end of the trial and her leaving happened so quickly, I guess she never got them back. I love that Anakin had them.

I’m bummed Obi Wan wasn’t more warm to Ahsoka. I get the awkwardness between all three of them, but I was hoping he was going to be happier. I’m assuming that’s the last time Ahsoka sees Anakin. Doesn’t she say something like “The last time I saw him, he was running off to save the chancellor?” I hope she and Obi Wan see each other again but I think that might have been it for all four of them (including Rex)-at least in person. We might get a hologram...if we’re lucky.

In Rebels, Ahsoka meets up with Sabine some time after Episode 6 to find Ezra. Rex may or may not have fought at Endor with Hera who definitely survived. Thus, a reunion with Rex might be possible even in The Mandalorian timeline.

Edited by paigow

I thought it was canon Rex survived all the way to the end. 

3 hours ago, SnoGirl said:

The music hits were call back to the films.

I didn't notice, but as someone who doesn't really rewatch shows, I'm going to rewatch because of that. 

3 hours ago, SnoGirl said:

I’m bummed Obi Wan wasn’t more warm to Ahsoka.

I've always been fully on board with Kenobi being better by far at the force than Anakin. But he's really *into* the force and get up in his own shit. Ahsoka is out - so he's not interested. Second, he bought into the whole 'chosen one' bullshit. 

Not necessarily his fault. He was there when Anakin was literally a force-born child. His master was cut down by some unknown *Sith Lord* out of nowhere whom he then literally cuts down as a *padawan*. 

Ahsoka leaving and then being dragged back by some random Mandalorian - where he also has baggage - so, he's going to be like, whatever.

But the entire foundation of this franchise is tragedy. Maybe if Kenobi makes more of a connection with her, we don't get Vader. I like the guy, but there's an arrogance there. He never really developed the wisdom he could have. 

• Love 2
On 4/18/2020 at 7:20 PM, SnoGirl said:

Ahsoka Tano. Damn. She was literally on fire. My heart was pounding the whole time.

Seconded!  When she leapt into action I thought of the quote by Captain Malcolm "Mal" Reynolds of Firefly:  "Time for some thrilling heroics!"

On 4/18/2020 at 10:52 PM, DoctorAtomic said:

On 4/18/2020 at 7:20 PM, SnoGirl said:

I’m bummed Obi Wan wasn’t more warm to Ahsoka.

I've always been fully on board with Kenobi being better by far at the force than Anakin. But he's really *into* the force and gets up in his own shit. Ahsoka is out - so he's not interested.

Oh yeah, that reunion was SUPER awkward, which I thought was great.  One of the things that I love most about Star Wars (and what makes it "real") is that people have feelings and sometimes they get angry and sometimes they fall in love and sometimes they carry grudges.  (Lots and lots of grudges.)

That being said, the scene when Ahsoka meets the clone squadron that has painted its helmets in tribute to her is just about the most heart-warming moment in the whole Clone Wars series; and I'm pretty pissed the returning-your-light-sabers ceremony (they're NOT "laser swords"!) was so rudely interrupted.

Edited by WatchrTina