Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E13: Pinned

jewel21
  • Start Topic

3 hours ago, SuprSuprElevated said:

JLH @ 19yrs old - 

jlh 19 yrs old.jpg

We recently watched Sister Act 2 with our kids. She is in that and would have been about 14 at the time (1993). It is always crazy and impressive to me how actors like her, who are solid but not amazing performers are able to maintain long careers like this. I mean she has been working steadily since the 90's including being regular on several successful shows.

• Love 3
On 3/31/2020 at 1:40 AM, Kleav said:

There was no rotating restaurant in the World Trade Center. You might be thinking of the one at the Marriott Marquis.

That's the one! I have a picture of me in one next to the waitress that served us. I was rude to her, got called out on it, apologized, and then we took a picture. (To be fair to me, I was a 9th grader punkass kid.) It's funny because as soon as I saw the spinning, I was reminded of that restaurant.

The proposal scene reminded me of the one that happened in Leap Year,

Spoiler

where Amy Adams thinks she's getting proposed to but Adam Scott is just giving her earrings.

I continue to love how they incorporate Athena, Bobby, Michael, and the kids as a family unit. It's really beautiful to watch instead of the cliche stuff you'd expect. He's tacitly giving Bobby his approval to raise his son if he can't do it himself, and I loved that scene.

The mugger thief- knew that guy was coming back. Poor Josh. Can't say I can't blame Josh either for going off with him- I would've done the same thing, too. Pretty boys can always bring your guard down. LOL.

But, unlike IRL, this show never shows dismemberment --which is what has always freaked me out, since childhood. 

They had a pretty graphic scene of a man getting pulled apart in half in the first season after getting a motorcycle. He was played by David Wallace from the Office.

Edited by methodwriter85
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, methodwriter85 said:

They had a pretty graphic scene of a man getting pulled apart in half in the first season after getting a motorcycle. He was played by David Wallace from the Office.

True. But IIRC they didn’t show much, and he didn’t survive without body parts, which is what they never seem to show or even indicate on the show, but which would occur at least once in all the incidents seen, but that I don’t want to watch —probably due to a near life-altering trauma in my youth.