Type keyword(s) to search

S10.E16: Kunal Nayyar

• Start Topic

Was the girl who spanked Wayne high? Every time she was on camera, which was often since she was behind Aisha, she seemed to be gazing vacantly off to the side.

She could have been watching a monitor.  Since she was behind Aisha, it's probably a little hard to see the performers if they aren't out like they were for Newscasters or Helping Hands. As for her reluctance to spank? Own that and very saucily say "No!"  The lady seemed thrown when Ryan joined Wayne.

Kunal was fun; maybe he can come back.

I enjoyed Brad during Newscasters, even with the ick-inducing licking! He committed and was "caring" for "Frank" as the mob took him away.

Scenes From A Hat could just be a show, imo. The Famous Shows In The Nude was so funny!

Just a super episode (despite Helping Hands)!

• Love 1

Helping Hands is just so tired and predictable. However, Kunal did as well as anyone could possibly do with it. He was involved, he was game, and yet he made it about Ryan not himself. If every guest was that good ... well, I'd still be sick of Helping Hands. But A+ to him anyway.

IMHO I felt like Weird Newscasters was a little too specific and as a result it through the pace off.  Interacting with Colin is fun and going to the audience has lots of opportunity. But doing it that much in one game, especially when we knew it was coming, made me wish it was a little faster.

Also - and I'm being very picky here - Scenes from a Hat and Props are both "grab bag" style games. Both are funny and creative and I enjoyed them, but I probably wouldn't put both in the same show.  (Similarly I wouldn't put Lets Make A Date and Newscasters together.)  We could have used something of a more freeform scene, like Mission Improbable, Hollywood Director, Forward/Reverse, Film Noir, etc.  But again, I'm nitpicking on that.

• Love 1

No, that doesn't sound nitpicky to me, Amarsir; it's pretty reasonable.  If too many versions of something get a go in a half-hour, it feels off. Considering that there were other games open for the guys, and Brads an old hand at this stuff, there didn't need to be a doubling up of kinds of games. ( Is it me or has Party Guests been absent awhile? ) Also, unless Brad was dead-set against it, it could've been fun to see Brad do the Magic Screen thing (where everyone is on the floor?)

• Love 1

Also, unless Brad was dead-set against it, it could've been fun to see Brad do the Magic Screen thing (where everyone is on the floor?)

I think Sideways Scene has been retired.  I don't remember seeing it at all this season, and nobody seemed to like it.  Also, the show seemed to run out of ideas for it after just a couple of episodes.

• Love 1

rujasu, thanks for the correct name; it did seem like the same genres got reused. Maybe the specificity being used on Newscasters could be used there to freshen the game? Anyway...

IA that there has been a dearth of Film Dubbing, A Boston Gal! The last one I remember was the skiing scene that was kind of meh. Maybe they should take more from more "extreme" examples like B&W horror movies ( I watch Svengoolie and he kind of does this on a smaller scale), overwrought scenes from "women's  movies", and Westerns and war movies should be good. 60s sex romps could also be a good source (like The Party, maybe?) I know, a big part is what they can pay for, but I'd like to think that if the four had good clips to work with, the funny would be evident?

A bit more on topic: I like Kunal with floppier hair, as opposed to his Raj-hair.

I think Sideways Scene has been retired.  I don't remember seeing it at all this season, and nobody seemed to like it.  Also, the show seemed to run out of ideas for it after just a couple of episodes.

I wouldn't be surprised if it's purely a production thing. Sideways scene requires a special set with a decorated floor, an overhead camera and an attached board for the floor line for them to push off of.  Hardly the most complex of sets by TV production standards, but just enough that they might want to set it up, use it 6 times in a season, then take it down and not use it again.  

Similarly I wonder if there's something about Helping Hands that makes them go think "well we went through the trouble of buying this tarp ..."

• Love 1

Intros: Wayne-- Rock Star, Brad-- Rock of Ages, Colin-- Rock Lobster, and Ryan-- Rocking back and forth.

Games played: Weird Newscasters, Props, Duet, Scenes From A Hat, and Helping Hands.

In this episode: Flamboyant moose! *G*

I would rank Kunal's Helping Hands right behind Jack Osbourne's version. Both gents were game and playful.

The duet was in the style of hard rock and about Little things in the night.

A good episode!