Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E08: It's Alright, Ma (I'm Only Bleeding)

Katy vies for an important apprenticeship, but in order to earn it she is given an impossible task that involves dealing with Xandra; Josie is eager to get her music out into the world, so she shoots a music video behind Alexander's back.

Promo:

Original air date: 3/26/20

I don't mind Katy being friends with KO. Her relationship with him is different from the ones that Pepper and Jorge have so they shouldn't be comparing her post breakup with theirs. He has been her best friend for years so of course she still wants him in her life. Pepper and Jorge seem to mostly hook up with people who they don't have any emotional connection with so of course they wouldn't bother to keep in touch with them after they stop sleeping together.

And now Pepper's plot thickens! The doorman is her dad but he doesn't know what day her birthday is either? I guess that means she was abandoned and he took her in? Or her bio mom left her on her dad's doorstep?

I really don't care about Josie's whole singing carer or her storyline with Alex. I know they want to give each character some kind of career aspiration but I find this one uninteresting. I like her being friends with everyone so it's not her character I'm bored with, just the execution of her storyline. It's kind of hilarious that in theory her storyline is so dramatic but in reality it's dull as dishwater.

I thought it was ridiculous of Jorge's father to tell him that going out in public in drag was a danger to THE ENTIRE FAMILY because if anything happened to Jorge, they would all be upset. Using that logic, Jorge's dad shouldn't run a bodega because if someone robbed the store and shot him, the entire family would be devastated. You can't live your life a certain way because one possible outcome is bad.

One thing I've noticed and really appreciate about Katy's wardrobe is that it is cute, fashionable, and sexy without being super revealing. On CW shows aimed at younger audiences, they often have the women in tiny outfits with lots of skin showing so I like that Katy's wardrobe is great without being two tiny squares of fabric. I'm not a prude either (I have some pretty skimpy things in my closet) but it's really unusual to let a female main character on a show like this portrayed as fashion forward without super short skirts or plunging necklines. Usually if a female main character is this covered up, it's because she's some kind of science nerd or she's wearing skin tight superhero unitards.

• Love 3
On 3/27/2020 at 10:37 PM, politichick said:

I hate it when Jorge talks all ghetto fabulous. 

I can’t get over why is he always dressed like a character from FAME (the TV show version). When he’s not Ginger, that is.  I don’t know why it just drives me crazy.  Yet none of the other wacky outfits on the other characters bother me.  Well, except KO’s jean jacket when he was talking to Katy in the park.  Looked like he was wearing it inside out!  🤣

• Love 3
5 hours ago, biakbiak said:

I think I might be out. I love Lucy but don’t really like any of the supporting characters storylines because they don’t really seem to be going anywhere interesting. 

I am not out yet, but I have noticed my interest is dwindling a bit.  It had such promise at first, but now the storylines for many of them are not anything I care about.  Josie is probably the worst--her storyline really isn't going anywhere that I care about and the supporting characters bore me.  Jorge--I like him more at first when he was auditioning, etc, but now it is all about Ginger, which I don't care about.  I have never really understood the other girl or what was going on with her.  So I might watch a few more episodes and then move on as well.  

• Love 1
On 3/28/2020 at 7:57 AM, ElectricBoogaloo said:

One thing I've noticed and really appreciate about Katy's wardrobe is that it is cute, fashionable, and sexy without being super revealing. On CW shows aimed at younger audiences, they often have the women in tiny outfits with lots of skin showing so I like that Katy's wardrobe is great without being two tiny squares of fabric. I'm not a prude either (I have some pretty skimpy things in my closet) but it's really unusual to let a female main character on a show like this portrayed as fashion forward without super short skirts or plunging necklines. Usually if a female main character is this covered up, it's because she's some kind of science nerd or she's wearing skin tight superhero unitards.

Me too! The wardrobe, Katy’s specifically is so beautifully done. I love the layers, use of colour and the sweet demureness. 
I also really love the set design. The apartment decor was very well done. It looks like it belongs in the 90s before technology took over. 

• Love 1