Type keyword(s) to search

RHoP: Season Two Rehash

• Start Topic

Did realize the second season was only 14 total episodes, so I knocked out the rest of it last night.

OK, after watching this season as well, is Karen mentally ill?  I'm asking very seriously.  I spent the better part of two seasons enjoying watching her delusional ass get what was coming to her.  Karen is my least favorite kind of person, I think.  She's painfully and excruciatingly insecure, and covers that with superiority and self-importance.   I just don't understand her as a person.  Even the people I truly don't like in other franchises, like Kenya or Vicki, I still feel like they are real people.  They are people I don't like, but they seem like real people to me.  Almost every ho'wife seems to me like they would be fun to have a drink with, or might make a good neighbor.  I feel like Karen is insufferable ALL THE TIME.  But I'm starting to notice more and more that she doesn't fully seem in touch with reality, and it's starting to make me uncomfortable.  Also...is there something slightly off about her daughter??

Charrisse - omg, I hate it when people refer to themselves in the third person, and you can times that by 100 when they refer to themselves as a third person alter ego.  If she wants to go by Chacha as a nickname, I have no problem with that.  But please stop talking about Chacha like it's a whole new person.

Ashley - good golly is she messy!  I still like her overall, but it's easy to look good when you are living high on life, which she was in season one.  Now that shit isn't so fun, she isn't as fun either.  Sometimes I sided with her, sometimes I didn't, but girl was so damn messy!

Monique- I liked her and her husband!  They actually seemed like real people, and while maybe she might have a golddigger side (I could never fully decide), she clearly thought she had a role to play in her marriage as well.

Robyn - I swear at the beginning of the season she talked about doing dna testing or an ancestry search or something, and then nothing came of it?  I'm kinda meh on her storyline.  I know some spoilers about her and Juan (are they spoilers if it's real life??), but it wasn't until the reunion that I got the idea that he is putting wanting to be a good father over everything else - and I don't actually mean that in a good way.  I'm not saying he's a bad guy, but it's the first time I truly realized they might not be on the same page in a way that is detrimental to her.  Other than that, she just seems like a regular person, and I'm not really turning the tv to watch that.  I will say that I think she is absolutely gorgeous, even among a truly beautiful cast.  

Gizelle -still crazy, still messy, still has me coming back for more.

• Love 3
On 3/17/2020 at 9:47 AM, lasu said:

I'm not saying he's a bad guy, but it's the first time I truly realized they might not be on the same page in a way that is detrimental to her. 

Girl, when Juan and Robyn were still married, Juan had a whole ass live-in partner in another country while Robyn was home taking care of those bad-ass kids.  They are never on the same page.  

I will say that I think she is absolutely gorgeous, even among a truly beautiful cast.  

I agree.  I think Robyn is one of the most naturally beautiful, especially when she's make-up and hair-do free.  

I loved that during the BBQ at Monique's house, her friend calmly gathered Giselle and her messy hairdresser for whispering shit about Monique in her own damn house.    That's a ride or die.  They should have added her to the cast.  

OK, after watching this season as well, is Karen mentally ill?  I'm asking very seriously.  I spent the better part of two seasons enjoying watching her delusional ass get what was coming to her. 

Karen is definitely delusional.  She has no sense of reality.  You can tell every time she speaks to one of her family members and they all give her the side eye like, 

giphy.gif

• Love 4

S2 Giselle was my absolute favorite. So messy but funny as hell.

This season was when I started actively disliking Ashley. I hate when people are superior off of someone else's come up.

For some reason, I couldn't stand S1 Karen but started liking her S2. Yes she's pompous and fake haughty but she really loves that little hubby of hers (Black Bill Gates) and his mini-me, her daughter. And I don't know if we know this yet in the series, but she really reached out and tried to mentor the newbies. Once they paid their fealty of course.

• Love 3

Season 2 is when this show clicked for me, and became very enjoyable. Season 1 was...meh. I watched it but it never quite grabbed me, and am glad I gave it another chance.

• Love 4

I find Karen insufferable. She is full of herself, condescending to others and not fun to watch IMO. She is also much less attractive than she thinks. 

I think Gizelle is the prettiest of all of them, although I wish she'd darken her hair. The lighter color looks orangish to me and not good. She's hard on people too but for some reason I find her more entertaining and watchable than Karen. 

I feel for Robyn. She must've been really hurt by Juan's infidelity, but she can't seem to let go. It's like she's not fully invested in the relationship. Perhaps she wants to be but her fear is larger than anything else?

I like Ashley. She's a bright light to me. 

I could do without Charrisse and don't have much sympathy for her broken marriage. I don't condone what her husband did (if he cheated) but she does strike me as someone who'd be hard to live with. Enough with the altar ego stuff! 

I'm not sure about Monique yet. I guess she's ok. I felt for her in the scenes with her mother-in-law. That woman seems difficult! 

• Love 4
(edited)
10 hours ago, Sweet-tea said:

I find Karen insufferable. She is full of herself, condescending to others and not fun to watch IMO. She is also much less attractive than she thinks. 

I think Gizelle is the prettiest of all of them, although I wish she'd darken her hair. The lighter color looks orangish to me and not good. She's hard on people too but for some reason I find her more entertaining and watchable than Karen. 

I feel for Robyn. She must've been really hurt by Juan's infidelity, but she can't seem to let go. It's like she's not fully invested in the relationship. Perhaps she wants to be but her fear is larger than anything else?

I like Ashley. She's a bright light to me. 

I could do without Charrisse and don't have much sympathy for her broken marriage. I don't condone what her husband did (if he cheated) but she does strike me as someone who'd be hard to live with. Enough with the altar ego stuff! 

I'm not sure about Monique yet. I guess she's ok. I felt for her in the scenes with her mother-in-law. That woman seems difficult! 

It's really great to hear your observations and how the opinions will change as the show continues.

I think Charisse just did not have the type of personality that popped on camera, unlike the rest of them. Ironically, before Monique, she was the one with the most money and well connected (through basketball).

Edited by qtpye
  • Love 1