Type keyword(s) to search

What's inside the Tan Zhekran: Speculations

• Start Topic

Since this show likes to pile mystery upon mystery I thought a speculation thread would be a good idea. I made a list of random things I would like to know more about.

• Did Narek play Soji when he claimed he had had a brother? And if not I assume his death a year ago was not just random. Unless dude killed himself after realizing he's this show's Tyrion.
  • What's the Conclave of Eight? Apparently part of Raffi's conspiracy theories but show never lets her ramble on beyond dropping a couple of hints.
  • Did Soji's activation trigger off the cube and that's what earns her the Destroyer moniker (making this a self-fulfilling prophecy)? I guess we'll know in a couple of days but c'mon, there were so many ominous warnings during that security briefing in ep. 2 that that thing must go online rather sooner than later.
  • And finally the biggest mystery of them all: Why were Harry Treadaway and Peyton List given notes to play Narek and Narissa as Space Lannisters? If it was important to add jealousy to their dynamic why not simply make them (former) lovers? 

• Love 2

Just bumping this so as to not derail the episode thread. but Guinan has a line "You're looking for a Supervisor, also known as a Watcher."

"Supervisor" was Gary Seven's title.  Oh, does that open up some possibilities.

• Love 5
20 hours ago, starri said:

Just bumping this so as to not derail the episode thread. but Guinan has a line "You're looking for a Supervisor, also known as a Watcher."

"Supervisor" was Gary Seven's title.  Oh, does that open up some possibilities.

It does seem to fit right in.

• Love 1

I'm still wondering what became of the consciousnesses of President Sorenson, General Picard, Captain Rios, Chief Musiker and Che Elnor when our crew woke up in their bodies. Not that I'm lamenting any of them (except the other Elnor), and their entire universe will less than dust in a bit. But what force allowed this to happen, and what did it do with the renderings? 

And I wonder how the show will choose to play the return of these characters to their own time -- will they still be in these borrowed bodies? Will Seven have no implants, and Picard, perhaps, not be a synth? Is he or isn't he, in this reality? Theresa was told that her patient has transplanted organs -- "all of them," in fact -- but she was still getting told a lot of stuff, at that point. So what made her diagnostic instruments short out? Did General Picard also have a titanium heart? Did generations of Adam Soong's genetic manipulation alter the human electro-magnetic field? Or, did cybernetics continue to evolve in the Confederation, and were Soong-quality synth bodies (secretly) available to figures at the very top, such as, perhaps, a Piked-Picard? I'm not convinced. Confederation Jurati didn't look any busier than her Starfleet counterpart last season, during The Ban. More, I'd say it's a Star Trek First Principle that fascism kills human evolution. It's Stucked Up.

57 minutes ago, Pallas said:

I'm still wondering what became of the consciousnesses of President Sorenson, General Picard, Captain Rios, Chief Musiker and Che Elnor when our crew woke up in their bodies. Not that I'm lamenting any of them (except the other Elnor), and their entire universe will less than dust in a bit. But what force allowed this to happen, and what did it do with the renderings? 

And I wonder how the show will choose to play the return of these characters to their own time -- will they still be in these borrowed bodies? Will Seven have no implants, and Picard, perhaps, not be a synth? Is he or isn't he, in this reality? Theresa was told that her patient has transplanted organs -- "all of them," in fact -- but she was still getting told a lot of stuff, at that point. So what made her diagnostic instruments short out? Did General Picard also have a titanium heart? Did generations of Adam Soong's genetic manipulation alter the human electro-magnetic field? Or, did cybernetics continue to evolve in the Confederation, and were Soong-quality synth bodies (secretly) available to figures at the very top, such as, perhaps, a Piked-Picard? I'm not convinced. Confederation Jurati didn't look any busier than her Starfleet counterpart last season, during The Ban. More, I'd say it's a Star Trek First Principle that fascism kills human evolution. It's Stucked Up.

General Picard has a synth body, yes. Q told us that, back in 2.02. Courtesy of one of the enemies whose skulls now adorn the chateau. (Seven was announced to Rios as President Hansen not Sorenson. I guess she kept her unmarried name). 

Edited by Llywela