Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E08: 10-8 Selfless

AgentRXS

When an ex-marine turns up dead on the street, Bill helps Cade work the case that hits far too close to home. With other candidates waiting in the wings to take Bill's place as sheriff, the department pressures him to be more of a team player. Meanwhile, Paula and Maggie see a counselor to try to deal with the repercussions of Bill's new position.

Original Air Date: February 20, 2020

( This is episode EIGHT.  The thread names have been fouled up ever since episode SIX. )

In this episode:  The subliminal violins were deafening and never ending. Pity party for the homeless, veterans, substance abusers, the family of high-ranking cops... Did I forget anybody?

• Love 2
2 hours ago, Netfoot said:

( This is episode EIGHT.  The thread names have been fouled up ever since episode SIX. )

In this episode:  The subliminal violins were deafening and never ending. Pity party for the homeless, veterans, substance abusers, the family of high-ranking cops... Did I forget anybody?

Deputy Bishop while in D.C, did something but L.A. County gave her a second chance and Sheriff Hollister concurred. And gave her a Golden Ticket to name her own assignment, for two months at least.

Once again that old stand-by plot of the evil real estate developers. The Shield also had that call it L.A. but hardly anything is correct except other police station names.

• Love 2

Does LA really have a couple blocks that are full of nothing but homeless tents and homeless people on the sidewalks and in the street? That seemed a bit overkill to me (no pun intended), but maybe it's so.

On Chicago radio last night, the host was talking about a friend of his who was an actor in Public Enemies with Johnny Depp, Christian Bale, Billy Crudup and ... Stephen Dorff. He said Depp and all of the other lead stars were great to everyone, kind and friendly to the rest of the cast and lesser actors, and made shooting nice. The only actor who he described as a "diva" and by other words not allowed to be spoken on airwaves, the only one who was NOT nice to anyone, was Stephen Dorff.

I found that pretty interesting.

Back OT, I sort of glossed over this episode. I kept wanting to get scissors and trim Cade's beard every time the film editor backlit him to highlight all the scragglies. I also don't see what the big deal is with Bill being appointed to Head Sheriff instead of having the approval of his wife and daughter to run for the position. I also wonder about that LA tv station that gave the other guy an hour or so to declare and give his running-for-sheriff speech. Slow news day I guess.

While I liked Bill in his jeans last episode, this time I was not attracted to the baggy seat of those jeans when he stood up to hug wife. Eh.

Edited by saber5055
Public Enemies is not the same as Public Enemy!
25 minutes ago, saber5055 said:

Does LA really have a couple blocks that are full of nothing but homeless tents and homeless people on the sidewalks and in the street? That seemed a bit overkill to me (no pun intended), but maybe it's so.

Multiple blocks would be skid row in downtown under LAPD's watch and  nowhere near the radio location given for the murder near the airport. Smaller tent cities are dotted all over the Southland. Some city police departments are better at pushing them away than others. There is a rather infamous photo of one freeway overpass along Venice Blvd. on the Los Angeles side of the street it is tent city, across the city limits line on the Culver City side of the street, with their independent police department , clear as glass.

At the moment going into the real life Super Tuesday election it seems to be the primary issue on the mailed political ads for L.A. County Supervisor. One candidate being a termed out LA.. City Councilman saying he has the experience to deal with this problem while his opponent who is lucky enough to be coming from a different political office  so can't have the tent cities blamed on her is saying that the Councilman is the cause. When being a one party state they all have basically the same political policies.

• Useful 2
1 hour ago, saber5055 said:

Allegedly, YES. And San Francisco is said to be just as bad if not worse.

Google "California homeless camps"

Edited by preeya
  • Love 2