Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E12: Only Time Will Tell

jewel21
  • Start Topic

Billy and Grace are concerned that Spencer is going to push himself too hard before he is ready, which could make things worse for Spencer in the long run. Determined to secure their football future, Spencer, Darnell and Jordan decide to go on a college football visit, but Darnell's chance might be taken away by someone close to him. Asher's teammates and Olivia have been noticing a difference in Asher's performance and attitude on and off the field, leaving them to wonder why he is pushing himself so hard. Meanwhile, Layla thinks she knows what she wants to do with her future and needs Coop to do it.

Airdate: 02/10/2020

I know Spencer has been through something terrible, but I'm surprised Billy would let him talk to him the way he did at the end of the episode, ordering him to put him back in the lineup.  He and Grace definitely need to rein him in or he'll never be able to play again (not that I really see football ending for him, especially when there's at least one more season).

I was amused when Chip Kelly was listed in the guest star credits because at least when he was at Oregon, he was rather stiff and unhappy to be there when he had to do interviews or press conferences, so I couldn't imagine him acting.  He may have agreed to the brief cameo because he was Spencer Paysinger's coach his last two years of college.

At least Coop had a decent ending in one episode, though everything still seemed rather ominous.  Sean paid a whole bunch of money to try to leave town with his daughter last season and still got killed, but Tyrone--who probably has way more people after him--can just come and go as he pleases?

Spencer and Whatshisface were wearing long sleeved shirts during the UCLA visit and as a Central New Yorker, that’s weird to me, because I thought it was never cold in LA?  Like I feel like twelve months out of the year you would roast in sleeves.

On 2/14/2020 at 11:10 PM, mojoween said:

Spencer and Whatshisface were wearing long sleeved shirts during the UCLA visit and as a Central New Yorker, that’s weird to me, because I thought it was never cold in LA?  Like I feel like twelve months out of the year you would roast in sleeves.

I just visited LA recently over the summer (Aug 2019). It was surprisingly chilly. I am from the east coast and let's just say I did not pack appropriately bc I was under the same impression you were. But, I definitely could have used some long sleeves or a better jacket.

It’s cool here right now! The past few weeks it was a brisk 60 degrees in the daytime (some days 50’s) with some sprinkling of 70 degrees every 3-4 days. It’s not hot all the time here, and when it’s below 70 the long sleeves come out. We are wusses when it comes to cool weather. Right now it’s back to normal with low 70’s (thank goodness) but still 45-low 50’s at night. 

• Useful 1