Type keyword(s) to search

Unsellable Houses - General Discussion

• Start Topic

The Woodinville Home, is actually in Bothell.  Although it is closer to downtown Woodinville,  than Bothell.  Prices here, Eastside of the greater Seattle area is super high still.

Miles looks like Justin Timberlake. 

Edited by Pine
Correction.
  • Useful 1
On 10/15/2023 at 6:07 PM, CrazyInAlabama said:

I didn't find the remodel of the venue that much of an improvement over what it used to be. 

The brunette sister did her typical hodgepodge design. Vintage-modern sounds stupid. Her choices were wrong for the building's age.

I thought I saw them remove linoleum with mastic without safety protection. Maybe they tested it for asbestos.

Also, did they actually say they "just realized" they owned that space, after owning another portion of the building for a while? How is that possible?

I just watched the two septic-house episodes. What a disaster. The sisters seemed furious and I wonder if harsh words were aimed at that elderly owner, who seemed very upset at the restaurant meeting to decide which of three options to go forward with. I wonder if she lost money on the deal, which is sad for a retiree. Based on their years of bragging about being the most successful realtors in the northwest, I assume the sisters are wealthy so I don't think they were terribly hurt by the loss.

The bright red doors with the red brick on the house didn’t go together at all. And then blue siding or something? Just no.

It's shocks me how badly they handle color. That red door with the brick clashed horribly, and the blue siding didn't work.

And the editing continuity was all over the place.

If Bonnie bought that house when her kids were young, why does she still have a mortgage and why wasn't the septic taken care of at her closing?

She may have re-financed to pay medical bills or another catastrophic need, taken out a home equity line of credit (when I got one it was recorded as a "mortgage"), or like millions of people refinanced back when it was cheap and easy to do so. She may have had lots of equity at one time, and it's tempting to tap into that.

Did they say her family once owned the property that the school is now on?

Edited by pasdetrois
  • Like 2

Then, there are people like former friends, they refinanced up to the current value of their home at least three times.    They did a cash out refi all three times, and only stopped because the mortgage companies refused to give them the full market value.    They never spent anything on the house, unless they had to because otherwise it wouldn't appraise for full market price for the refi.   

It's called treating you house like an ATM.   

So the house that should have been paid off in 2025, at a good monthly mortgage price is now not paid for 25 more years, at a mortgage rate that is a lot higher than the original mortgage price was, because of the increased amount of the house now.    

• Like 1
  • Useful 1

Exactly. During the recession, when people suddenly lost their jobs, they walked away from their homes and expensive mortgages. I remember the media showing images of neighborhoods with well-kept homes next to abandoned ones.

• Like 1

They're showing the septic tank house first episode again.    When the homeowner was telling Lyndsay and Leslie about the septic tank.  That it was for a four bedroom house, so she turned one bedroom into an office, she was looking everywhere but at the twins, or the camera.    She knew exactly what the house had been built with, and that it was never improved.   They may have looked into getting a new septic system, but I bet they didn't actually do it when the price was mentioned.   There is no way even one person lived in that house over the years without knowing the septic was way too small.