Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E18: Something To Sing About

• Start Topic

This is significant cuz I think Bravo has something in their contracts that rule out doing other reality shows. So dat's probably the end of Lu on this show. Nice knowin' ya, Lu. Happy sluttin' around with more faux pirates! Too bad, cuz I was diggin' her this season. Never could stand her ridiculous pretentious crap & phony posturing before. Oh well.

Yeah, I was liking her lately as well. And the gal has got some hustle. Maybe there's no rule you can't tape a show so long as you don't shop it around while still under Bravo's thumb, so if she does in fact get let go or is smart enough to think it possible, maybe she might be trying for a plan B setup, just in case? Hey sloppy Sonja, take note. Oh. Sorry, I mean have an 'intern' take note.

Personally think Lu should change the name on her dress/womenswear line, though. Too much negative baggage with the Countess title. ScoobieDoobs, your last paragraph landed exactly on the imagery the line invokes for me under the 'Countess' brand. I think of the old stuffy Lu image she created and my brain just goes & associates all that pretentious imagery with her brand & doesn't make me want to check out her wares, so that's not great.

Mostly a lurker here and loving your comments. Still laughing about the sequined sack of Russet potatoes (with earrings).

I think Heather and Josh could be brother and sister--neither one is attractive and their noses are so similar. Sadly. Josh couldn't even use the word "therapist"; he is going to see a "mediator." There is no hope for him and Kristen. 

Sonja is a whore who is delusional enough to think she is a lady. Harry looked like a wild beast ravenously chomping on those chicken wings. Revolting!

As a former college English teacher, I cringe at LuAnn's grammar. Last night she threw out another of her "for Jacque and I" locutions when it should have been "me." But so many people think "I" is classier than "me." It's not. Depends whether you need a subject or an object pronoun. But I digress. That's alls I know.

Mario sure as hell wasn't thinking of the Moaner when he was singing. He looked like he had a bellyache. Moaner needs heavy medication. Her immaturity is astounding. An induced coma would be welcome. Run, Avery, run!

Carole annoys me no end. She is a faux hippie who thinks she is an adorable waif. I can't stop staring at her fugly mouth and terrible overbite. Not too late for Invisilign, kiddo. And when she was throwing out all those celebrity names, she pronounced Ralph Fiennes as "Ralph." She mentioned she had an affair with him (???), so you'd think she'd know he pronounces his name "Rafe." 

As for Aviva: buhbyeeeeee!

I know I am digging way back in the thread, but I have to comment on this.  I have noticed this incorrect grammar usage a lot, but something else I noticed recently in reality TV (not just this show, but it has occurred here) is the improper use of "myself."  It is so annoying and it seems like I hear it in every show I watch.

• Love 2

I have to give props to Heather singing. I've sung professionally before and singing on the spot isn't easy (let me warm up and that's a different thing). I imagine she would have been even better if she had warmed up. Mario's singing wasn't bad (but not great either), but he makes me cringe. Sometimes I feel he's two seconds away from becoming George which makes me hope Avery will not become Aviva. She seems like a nice girl and apparently is making good grades in college. Hopefully she'll go on to a successful career. IIRC, didn't she go to Emory her freshman year? Not an easy school to get into. 

As far as Kristen and Josh, my husband is an entrepreneur, has been on the board of a zillion (it seems that way sometimes) non-profits, been on marathon conference calls (sometimes at home). He has never, ever treated me that way. Maybe I'm married to that rare sweetheart, but it would never occur to him to be a douche to me. Is it Bravo created drama? And he'd never relocate us on such small notice and not without talking about it.

Edited by Atlanta
  • Love 1