Type keyword(s) to search

S13.E05: Out of Your Element

thewhiteowl
  • Start Topic

First elimination: Money Mike seems like a nice guy, but he's clearly not at the skill level of most of the other competitors 

Second elimination: a coin-flip for me. Both tattoos were fine. Naturally they avoided reducing the South to just Jason this early in the competition which tipped the scale. 

• Love 5

I knew someone on the Midwest was going home because they had the only intact team — fine that it was Jake. But how terrible of a teammate must Jason be that Jordi actually said “It’s cool if you send me home”. It didn’t seem like the competition was getting to him; I had the feeling he just didn’t want to be around Jason anymore. It never fails to make me laugh when Jason tries to antagonize Frank and Frank is all “Eh”  

I appreciate that, for once, the teams picking the subject and style did something that would produce good tattoos instead of a ton of shitty ones. I think that was due to Jimmy saying “let’s give them a fair fight” off the bat. His hair drives me nuts, but he seems like a pretty good dude and I think the relationship he has with his teammates is great. The East is probably the team that works best together. 

• Like 1
  • Love 8
11 hours ago, Princess Sparkle said:

I appreciate that, for once, the teams picking the subject and style did something that would produce good tattoos instead of a ton of shitty ones. I think that was due to Jimmy saying “let’s give them a fair fight” off the bat. His hair drives me nuts, but he seems like a pretty good dude and I think the relationship he has with his teammates is great. The East is probably the team that works best together. 

I agree with all this. I'm from the East Coast, so I'm biased, but they do seem like the team that works the best together and I did like their tattoos. Jimmy seems like a good dude, though I wish he'd lose that stupid hat (you know which one I'm talking about). 

• Love 4
12 hours ago, Princess Sparkle said:

I appreciate that, for once, the teams picking the subject and style did something that would produce good tattoos instead of a ton of shitty ones. I think that was due to Jimmy saying “let’s give them a fair fight” off the bat. 

I've just been rewatching some of the previous seasons, and in the most recent ones it's definitely more cutthroat, with teams coming up with ridiculous or very specialized styles or subjects to trip everyone up. I was happy to see that Jimmy prevailed. He was originally in one of the really brutal seasons (Christian v Cleen), so I think he wants to prevent it going down like that again.

• Like 1
  • Love 5

This season has really got me liking Jimmy (questionable style issues aside!) and I did not think that would be possible. I have East Coast bias too (born and raised in Connecticut, currently live in Richmond, Virginia) but I think they really do work best together. I think being away from his brother has done Jimmy a world of good in terms of chilling out.

• Love 5

I agree about Jimmy (and about his style - I keep thinking "when in doubt go with less!").  I really didn't care for him his last season but this time he has been a great teammate and his tattooing seems much better too.

• Love 1