Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E03: Episode 3

• Start Topic

Huh, this episode was written by Karla Crome from Misfits.

I like Stephen Rea's character, so I hope his reason for wanting to keep his home isn't that he killed his wife and buried her in the cellar.

He's right about Richard Armitage. When does he go to work? And why would he just walk into another person's home like that? You'd think he would've learned his lesson after his encounter with Suzanne Hope's husband. And what an odd subplot that fake pregnancy is.

And ugh to the woman who's staying with her fiance even though he leaked her sex tape and let his friend take the blame.

If Daisy thought Mike posted the pics of her little sister, how could she even stand to spend time with him? And spiking his drink with PCP as revenge? I'm disliking the kids even more as their story develops. Tripp senior is annoying, too.

• Useful 1
  • Love 7

I honestly really liked the story of the woman who stayed with the guy who leaked her sex tape.  Yes it’s all kinds of twisted but it fits with the theme of the show which is lying to the people we love most.   How far would you go to keep someone about to leave you?   Fake a pregnancy?   Leak a sex tape?     What does it say about their love for you that they would go that far?    That someone loves you that much?

And yes again twisted but still fascinating to think about.

Edited by Chaos Theory
  • Love 7
56 minutes ago, krankydoodle said:

You'd think he would've learned his lesson after his encounter with Suzanne Hope's husband. And what an odd subplot that fake pregnancy is.

Not sure if you are referring to the subplot of Corinne's fake pregnancy or Suzanne's fake pregnancy--they are both odd--but it's Suzanne's story that especially doesn't make sense to me. I could sort of understand a woman faking a pregnancy to get positive attention, but it sounds like Suzanne has done this multiple times, or at least twice where she walked around looking 8 months pregnant. What did she tell her husband when she "lost" the pregnancy? It's one thing to say you had a miscarriage in your first trimester, but when you are in your last trimester you either go into labor or are induced (or have a C-section), even if the baby has died. It would not be easy to hide the evidence of a lost pregnancy at that stage. Suzanne's husband seems to be volatile and even abusive, so it would be very risky for her to try to deceive him like that. 

• Love 2
21 hours ago, Paloma said:

Not sure if you are referring to the subplot of Corinne's fake pregnancy or Suzanne's fake pregnancy--they are both odd--but it's Suzanne's story that especially doesn't make sense to me. I could sort of understand a woman faking a pregnancy to get positive attention, but it sounds like Suzanne has done this multiple times, or at least twice where she walked around looking 8 months pregnant. What did she tell her husband when she "lost" the pregnancy? It's one thing to say you had a miscarriage in your first trimester, but when you are in your last trimester you either go into labor or are induced (or have a C-section), even if the baby has died. It would not be easy to hide the evidence of a lost pregnancy at that stage. Suzanne's husband seems to be volatile and even abusive, so it would be very risky for her to try to deceive him like that. 

Somehow, I got the impression that Suzanne might be faking most of these pregnancies while her husband was out of the house - waiting until he went to work, then getting rigged up and going out in public. It was the reaction of other people to her being pregnant she was looking for. I suppose she would have to make sure she stayed away from any friends.

• Like 1
  • Love 13
On 2/5/2020 at 10:34 AM, krankydoodle said:

I like Stephen Rea's character, so I hope his reason for wanting to keep his home isn't that he killed his wife and buried her in the cellar.

Ooof, I like Stephen Rea's character too (and I despise developers!). That motivation didn't occur to me at all, but it totally makes sense. I really hope he doesn't turn out to be a  bad guy.

On 2/5/2020 at 11:40 AM, Paloma said:

it sounds like Suzanne has done this multiple times, or at least twice where she walked around looking 8 months pregnant. What did she tell her husband when she "lost" the pregnancy?

I think she was masquerading as a pregnant woman without her husband's knowledge - waiting until he was out of the house and then getting suited up to go to baby groups. Still wondering why her husband punched Price out at the mention of Corinne's name though.

Poor Jennifer Saunders - what is the DEAL with the police officer who shot her? Was he being blackmailed too? Why didn't he just identify himself if he was a legit officer - he could have obtained tons of info without doing any harm.

And I'm guessing the poor Alpaca was beheaded by Mike during his PCP freakout at the bonfire?

• Love 3