Type keyword(s) to search

In Giles We Trust

• Start Topic

I did quite love Once More With Feeling with all my heart, but this was probably the best moment of season six. Back in the day when you actually had to put effort into getting spoilers, I remember just how fucking awesome this moment was. Like, "Thank, GOD, Dad is here!" But also, "Oh, shit, Dad's here and we're in TROUBLE!"

While I enjoyed your essay overall, I must respectfully disagree with you on one point, Sarah. It's been my experience that Spuffy fans are not overly fond of Marti Noxon. She once made a comment along the lines of theirs is the kind of relationship you find yourself in for no other reason than really hot sex. While the sex is really that hot, I believe there was a lot more to their relationship (in a metaphorical context), and her comment shows a complete lack of understanding in that regard.

Kristen: Oh, shit! indeed.

Great post, Sarah! This is one of my favourite moments of the entire series. I'm not going to lie, my Anthony Stewart Head crush continues to grow strong, so I am a little biased, but Giles is one my most beloved characters in the whole Buffy/Angel universe (my husband and I constantly debate Giles vs Wesley). I love this moment. I love that Giles consistently warned Willow against the dangers of Magicks from the moment she cast her first spell. I love that he pretty much says, "I told you so" just by appearing in the doorway of the Magic Box!

• Love 1

Giles is my favorite.  He was the anchor for those kids and he had the greatest quips. "Well, no. I wasn't actually one of the original members of Pink Floyd, but... About the monster stuff, yes".  And I'll never get the image of him wearing a sombrero out of my head.  He was great.

• Love 1
On ‎10‎/‎07‎/‎2014 at 1:02 AM, Fat Elvis 007 said:

"Dumpstersex McPoutypants" is undeniably hilarious, but "Veins Shanahan" had me laughing for about five minutes, for reasons I can't even explain.

You don't need to explain, we're all laughing with you 

On ‎10‎/‎07‎/‎2014 at 4:17 AM, Kristen said:

I did quite love Once More With Feeling with all my heart, but this was probably the best moment of season six. Back in the day when you actually had to put effort into getting spoilers, I remember just how fucking awesome this moment was. Like, "Thank, GOD, Dad is here!" But also, "Oh, shit, Dad's here and we're in TROUBLE!"

Not I think as good as him arriving in Fear Itself with his chainsaw. 

On ‎13‎/‎07‎/‎2014 at 9:28 PM, Dianthus said:

While I enjoyed your essay overall, I must respectfully disagree with you on one point, Sarah. It's been my experience that Spuffy fans are not overly fond of Marti Noxon. She once made a comment along the lines of theirs is the kind of relationship you find yourself in for no other reason than really hot sex. While the sex is really that hot, I believe there was a lot more to their relationship (in a metaphorical context), and her comment shows a complete lack of understanding in that regard.

Kristen: Oh, shit! indeed.

I both agree and disagree with you, there was more to their relationship but it wasn't love, not by a long chalk, Spike wasn't capable of love. 

On ‎25‎/‎07‎/‎2014 at 5:01 PM, BC Mama said:

Great post, Sarah! This is one of my favourite moments of the entire series. I'm not going to lie, my Anthony Stewart Head crush continues to grow strong, so I am a little biased, but Giles is one my most beloved characters in the whole Buffy/Angel universe (my husband and I constantly debate Giles vs Wesley). I love this moment. I love that Giles consistently warned Willow against the dangers of Magicks from the moment she cast her first spell. I love that he pretty much says, "I told you so" just by appearing in the doorway of the Magic Box!

It's wonderful to see how Buffy benefitted his career, he really has become one of the great British character actors these days.