Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E04: Silkmoths

• Start Topic

Nicholas is terrible at love! Genevieve’s ambivalence about Nicholas’ boyfriend Alex takes an unfortunate turn when the three go out together. Matilda wants to bake Luke a cake but takes her brother’s advice.

Airdate: January 30, 2020.

• Useful 1

Wow.   I didn't know whether to laugh or cry during this episode.

The drag bingo segment was very realistic.  I can accept that someone that young who is going through so much stuff in her life might resent all of the "over the top" high jinks of a drag bingo setting.

Showing Nicholas and Alex in a critical point in an early gay relationship was very moving.

The dialog in the gay bar was spot on.

A great episode on which to build on.  The writing is exceptional.

• Love 5
9 hours ago, screengem said:

The drag bingo segment was very realistic.  I can accept that someone that young who is going through so much stuff in her life might resent all of the "over the top" high jinks of a drag bingo setting.

I can see many reasons outside of prejudice that could make a person hate that activity. It would be a complete sensory overload and I wouldn't find the activity level or type of interaction pleasant. It seemed so hectic, yet they were trying to have conversations, and then to "win" means having prolonged negative attention. 

Did anyone else find having the papers thrown at Genevieve too similar to having the tampons thrown at her in class? Does Nicholas know about that, or did she keep it to herself?

• Love 4
20 hours ago, sleepysuzy said:

I can see many reasons outside of prejudice that could make a person hate that activity. It would be a complete sensory overload and I wouldn't find the activity level or type of interaction pleasant. It seemed so hectic, yet they were trying to have conversations, and then to "win" means having prolonged negative attention. 

Did anyone else find having the papers thrown at Genevieve too similar to having the tampons thrown at her in class? Does Nicholas know about that, or did she keep it to herself?

He probably isn't aware. I don't think most 15 year olds would want to tell anyone, let alone their brother, about having tampons thrown at them. Plus, didn't that happen the day that Genevieve found out her father was dying? She probably ended up having other things to discuss.

• Love 3