Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E13: Ekitai Rashku

thewhiteowl
  • Start Topic

b-sound.jpg

I thought this was uneven, though ultimately still enjoyable.

Great to have Luca back...it's unmistakable the energy Kenny Johnson brings to the set and the show in general.

I also quite enjoyed drunk informant Sato- Yukiyoshi Ozawa really shone tonight, bringing a lot of spunk and some much needed comic relief to this episode.

Then there's David Sakurai who did great as Kenji, plus shooting the episode in Tokyo brought a cool exoticness to the show like the Mexican episodes did a year ago.

Lastly...loved the shoutout to Japan's wrestling industry, which is essentially on par with the WWE and, in many ways, even exceeds it (their women in particular). The two wrestlers they brought on- Miyu Yamashita and Shoko Nakajima, of Tokyo Joshi Pro- did great in their fight scenes. The best was the head-scissors takedown on Deacon, who looked like he could go in the ring too.

As for what didn't work...I though the Japanese police chief was a little too on the nose with his brooding and his racism, even if the latter was properly explained. I also think the show didn't do a great job exploring Street's isolation from the team. I mean, it's great that they acknowledged his suffering because of Nate, but it did kind of feel he came around too quickly. I also wonder why he came back to the job so quickly- don't these guys get bereavement leave?

Still, it kept me entertained...which is all I ask.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Danielg342 said:

I though the Japanese police chief was a little too on the nose with his brooding and his racism, even if the latter was properly explained.

I also thought the SWAT team coming in there and cowboying it up, all like "GUNZ!" and talking down to the police chief was also a little too on the nose.

But otherwise, after some really heavy episodes, I enjoyed this. I was also entertained. 

Oh, and I know Street and his new GF are really pretty, but I'm not sensing the chemistry, no matter how hard they try to push it. 

• Love 2