Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E11: We're The Howards

• Start Topic

7 minutes ago, alexvillage said:

Yeah, maybe in an all white America. The police will always see the "dangerous" black man, whenever there is a black man in any dispute. 

Yes many times that is true. When a black man tries to help someone, he is more likely to be thought of as hurting them or threatening. My husband is black and been an officer for 30 years and has seen that himself and been on the other side. You get like Rome at times, cautious, then other times, angry. They missed a moment there to discuss it but might go back one day. Gary might be mixed but he passes as just a white guy so doesn't get the knee jerk reaction of many.

• Love 4
8 hours ago, debraran said:

Yeah, maybe in an all white America. The police will always see the "dangerous" black man, whenever there is a black man in any dispute. 

So, so much for Rome wearing a collared shirt to the game.

• LOL 1

The scene with Gary and the driver with the gun was very well done. I figured the guy wouldn't shoot, but still held my breath. I used to be more of an angry driver, honking my horn and flipping people off, but I soon realized that it's not worth the possibility of getting hurt just to let someone know they are a dick.

• Love 1
On 2/11/2020 at 2:10 PM, Gothish520 said:

The scene with Gary and the driver with the gun was very well done. I figured the guy wouldn't shoot, but still held my breath. I used to be more of an angry driver, honking my horn and flipping people off, but I soon realized that it's not worth the possibility of getting hurt just to let someone know they are a dick.

Agreed. I thought the guy getting out of his car was going to result in Gary getting beat up or something. I didn't expect him to pull a gun. So I gasped, and held my breath, waiting...

I was kind of bummed we didn't see anything with Gary addressing it in some way after the driver walked away, because in the moment it seemed pretty sobering for Gary. I thought it might help him snap out of the state he'd been in and finally reach out to one of his friends and say, "So, uh... this happened to me tonight and totally freaked me out..."

• Love 2