Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E03: Surrender at Discretion

This is why hazing is bad you guys. It could lead to your embattled top girl trying to attack her sister in some kind of weird sibling rivalry power play in a hazing incident. 

Colette is playing with fire drinking with the girls, and inviting Addy along on her extramarital dates. It looked like Addy was feeling guilty watching Colette and her husband, so she might have even more problems coming up. 

I am really liking the show. Its super dramatic, but in a way that still feels pretty close to reality, and the characters come off as real people, even when they do pretty crazy things. 

• Love 2

This is why I roll my eyes whenever someone repeats the cliche that small towns 'are great places to raise kids'.  No. No, they are not.

Colette trying to relive her high school days by partying with the squad is dangerous and stupid. Taking one of her girls on an extramarital date and having her babysit while she cheats on her husband is even stupider. That woman shouldn't be permitted to be around high school kids at all. She is toxic and not acting like an adult at all. 

I don't quite get the 'entire town is relying on the hometown cheer squad to revive the economy and build a new stadium' plot device. It seems kinds weird and unlikely.

The show is dark but I'm still watching. I wish Colette were not such a stupid selfish woman and a better mentor/role model but we'll see what happens.  I feel like I need to take a shower after watching these people for an hour.

• Love 8
On 1/13/2020 at 10:56 PM, Andyourlittledog2 said:

This is why I roll my eyes whenever someone repeats the cliche that small towns 'are great places to raise kids'.  No. No, they are not.

Colette trying to relive her high school days by partying with the squad is dangerous and stupid. Taking one of her girls on an extramarital date and having her babysit while she cheats on her husband is even stupider. That woman shouldn't be permitted to be around high school kids at all. She is toxic and not acting like an adult at all. 

I don't quite get the 'entire town is relying on the hometown cheer squad to revive the economy and build a new stadium' plot device. It seems kinds weird and unlikely.

The show is dark but I'm still watching. I wish Colette were not such a stupid selfish woman and a better mentor/role model but we'll see what happens.  I feel like I need to take a shower after watching these people for an hour.

It's also disturbing to me that Addy encourages Colette to cheat on her husband, I dont get what the husband did to Addy to deserve that and why Addy would think Colette is someone to admire AND seems to be distancing herself from her best friend. I almost think Addy wants to fuck Collette. It was even suggested by her BFF that she did 

• Love 5
On 1/16/2020 at 6:51 PM, Josh371982 said:

I almost think Addy wants to fuck Collette. It was even suggested by her BFF that she did 

I think that's definitely what they're implying, what with Beth (is that her friend's name?) bringing it up and then the shots of Collette holding Addy up and them crashing down with Collette on top of her in this ep.

• Love 2

I really enjoy that the show created  triangle between Beth, Addy, and Colette.  It's pretty clear that Beth is half-in love with Addy, while Addy is half-in love with Colette, but Colette doesn't reciprocate those feelings. To me, it feels like Colette is almost grooming Addy. That's why she takes her on her hiking date with Sarge Will. It makes Addy feel special, just like when Colette told Addy about her affair, and allowed her to babysit her daughter. Those are all calculated steps to make Addy feel like she's not like the other girls on the team, she's special, and they have a deep bond.

Edited by merrick715
  • Love 7