Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E11: Blocking

Carol pretends to be an attending doctor to get her patient into the ICU; Jenny and Daniel run into Dr. Frost when they finally go on their first date.

Airdate: Thursday, January 9, 2020

I enjoyed this episode. I liked the blocking story line and how Dr. Jacobs took Carol's side when she found out the other doctor lied. 

Also, Dr. Front is just awesome. I really love that man. 

Poor Daniel. He missed his chance with Jenny. I wold have liked to have seen them actually try to have a relationship. 

I really like this show.  The cast is starting to gel, and the stories are getting a little stronger.  Plus, I actually laughed out loud ("Dr. Mehta's boyfriend once tried to kiss me." as a put-down).  The sad-sack ER doctor was a nice addition, too.

• Love 2

I am generally a fan of Patricia, but I actually think the show would be better without her, or at least dial her down to the status of the rest of the cast.  The cast around her is terrific and starting to find their characters, but the story always has to center around Carol and her rogue antics. Getting a bit tiresome for me. 

• Love 4

How drunk do you think Jenny was by the time she left the restaurant? There was a half drunk glass of wine on their table before Dr. Frost came in, and there was a glass of beer when they invited him over, and then she had 2 more beers with her souffle (which, as far as I could tell, was the only food she had eaten---clean, empty plates on the table and nothing to indicate there had been other food (appetizers)).

On 1/10/2020 at 1:32 PM, MarthaEllisanne said:

I am generally a fan of Patricia, but I actually think the show would be better without her, or at least dial her down to the status of the rest of the cast.  The cast around her is terrific and starting to find their characters, but the story always has to center around Carol and her rogue antics. Getting a bit tiresome for me. 

Well, the title is Carol’s Second Act. Wouldn’t be much of a show without her.  I like the rest of the ensemble characters, and I think they all work well together.

Doesn’t Carol have another child? I seem to remember her mentioning two children, but I’m not sure.  I could use less time on the pharma rep daughter, but her “date” didn’t work well, so maybe we’ll see less of her.

Love Nurse Dennis!