Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E10: I.A. Sgt. Ian Lynch & Det. Brian Chen vs Trey Carano 2003

• Start Topic

Twenty years after Mary Fisher's death, Internal Affairs Sgt. Lynch and Det. Chen fly to Texas to interview Trey Carano, a former friend of Eric's, who shares his account of Eric's whereabouts in the days and hours leading up to the murder.

Dropping on Thursday, February 6, 2020, on CBS All Access.

OK, I'll start this off since I just binged it the other day.

Overall I thought it was a good series, good writing and acting all around.  But the last episode frustrated me. I get that he was wrongly convicted of murder, and the detective crossed many lines.  I don't understand why he didn't ever say what really happened to get a reduced sentence?  I don't think it was out of loyalty since he tried to say it was Chris, who was more of a 'friend' than Trey.  Any thoughts?

I didn’t understand it the same way - I thought Eric truly thought that Chris had done it, since he wasn’t there and was high as a kite beforehand. 
I kept waiting to find out that Eric’s father had an affair with Det Russell’s wife or something, and that was why he was so anti-Eric. It just seems like so much, especially following it up many years later with falsified new evidence. 

• Love 1

I think it should also be considered that what happened is speculation and also told by unreliable narrators.

Even if we were to take what Trey said at face value, and going by the other events I see Eric being too high to comprehend whats going on,  then maybe being convinced of his version of events and blocking out his involvement. The reason why he's so convinced of Chris doing it, is his father put the suggestion to him while he was suffering from withdrawal, it probably stuck in his head.

What order did people watch things in? I mostly stuck with episode order except with 2005 (Melanie) episode I left until 2nd last.

Finally finished this. I found it interesting that at the very end they seemed to be trying to emphasize again that Mary Fisher had never wanted Eric and never bonded with him from the very beginning. If Eric did kill her his seeming lack of remorse may have gone back to that. On some level the kid knew he was unwanted, at least by his adoptive mother, and he always felt her resentment toward him. And Henry Fisher pretty much abdicated any parental involvement beyond throwing money at Eric's problems. None of that justifies murder though.

I mainly got interested in watching this because of the cast, particularly Vincent D'Onofrio. I was expecting him to play a bigger role than he did, given his long tenure on Law & Order: CI. Maybe he's trying to avoid getting typecast; on this series he was only a sergeant versus a detective. 😉

Whatever, it seems unlikely this will become a continuing anthology series like American Crime Story.

• Love 2