Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E01: Reborn

Meredith Quill
  • Start Topic

There was enough strangeness going on to get me to continue with this.   

This first episode left many loose end open that I want to see tied.  My main questions:  Is the nanny so wrapped up in delusion that she kidnapped a child?  Is it even a real infant or is the whole lot of them going loopy from their role playing with this doll?  I guess I will find out in the next episode.

We all know that the nanny will hook up with someone -- I was leaning towards the husband but now I'm not sure after that bathtub boob massage.  That trash compactor is like Chekhov's gun - it was shown for a reason, and now is the countdown to to see whose hand is going in.

Question:  I wasn't able to figure out how the Rupert Grint character was related to the husband and wife.  Friend, brother, coworker?  Was it made clear?

Edited by patty1h
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, patty1h said:

Question:  I wasn't able to figure out how the Rupert Grint character was related to the husband and wife.  Friend, brother, coworker?  Was it made clear?

It's her brother, Julian.  They mentioned at some point that he was one of the few people who knew about the secret. We watched all 3 episodes and the more I saw of him the more the actors looked to me like they could have been brother and sister in real life.  Good casting!

The close up camera work really does make me as uneasy as it's supposed to.  I like the creepy vibe of it all even if the plot hits a little too close to home for me. It's interesting to see this take on grieving the loss of a baby, even though I don't understand how she can live in this state of deep denial and still manage to work and do everything else normally.

Their home is so gorgeous.  I'm soaking in all the little set details in every scene.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2

Throughout the episode I was thinking the nanny is loopier than the wife! Obviously more to it. Question is did the nanny steal a baby or is the husband disturbed too?

Edited by ferjy
Forgot my question mark!
  • Love 2
On 11/30/2019 at 11:54 AM, patty1h said:

When he and the husband were talking, he said “My sister needs professional care.” I thought Rupert Grint was really good, American accent and all. Right down to making Tequila Slammers. For those that might not know, you purposely slam the glass down to get it fizzing and drink it before the fizzing stops. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tequila_Slammer

• Useful 4
8 hours ago, ferjy said:

When he and the husband were talking, he said “My sister needs professional care.” I thought Rupert Grint was really good, American accent and all. Right down to making Tequila Slammers. For those that might not know, you purposely slam the glass down to get it fizzing and drink it before the fizzing stops. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tequila_Slammer

Thanks for that info. I was wondering why he was slamming the glass every time. I thought he had anger issues!

• LOL 4
  • Love 4