Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E07: The Last Temptation of Barry Allen, Part 1

Trini
  • Start Topic

There's absolutely no urgency in the show.  I've seen people leaving for vacation in 5 days in more of a tizzy than Team Flash and especially Barry.   

I can't stand how entitled Allegra is.  I didn't care for Kamillas attitude last year either.  While I appreciate giving Iris a team, the members are a fail for me.  Charlie's Angels they're not. Iris could totally be an OG Angel.   The others, I don't think even rate as a movie Angel. 

• Love 5
18 minutes ago, Brinny said:

and I don't particularly understand why they're focusing so heavily on the B stories when they're doing these little "half seasons" and their main character is marching off to his death. 

With the half-seasons at least we're not getting bored with one villain they can't defeat for 22 episodes, so that's good. Otherwise, it hasn't really helped anything else.

I wouldn't even mind the B-plots (more like C- and D-plots) if they actually connected to Crisis, or Barry's emotional journey dealing with Crisis and his death. Because Ralph and his mom, Cecile helping Chester with a date, and Nash standing hanging out with Allegra are just all irrelevant pre-Crisis.

• Love 4
8 minutes ago, Maverick said:

I can't stand how entitled Allegra is.  I didn't care for Kamillas attitude last year either.  While I appreciate giving Iris a team, the members are a fail for me.  Charlie's Angels they're not. Iris could totally be an OG Angel.   The others, I don't think even rate as a movie Angel. 

They just haven't taken the time to develop them; individually and their relationships with Iris. It should have been a recurring thread in most, if not all, episodes so far.

• Love 3

While I will admit that this is a stellar episode, what's the point? Barry looks fine during the crisis episodes so clearly this possession story is not gonna last very long.

I do appreciate that Barry got to voice some of the unfairness of being the Flash that he feels deep down inside. 

I too am disappointed with the writing this season. I think the problem I have with the new showrunner and the old one is that they don't write these characters as real, connected people. They all act like work friends. Iris and Barry still have very little pda or interaction with each other.

Also shut up Allegra. We just met you, why do you think you should be entitled to any secrets so soon? We barely know Kamila at this point and she's been shoved down our throats for awhile now. I hate that the flash is always telling and not showing relationships. It's such an inefficient way of storytelling.

Edited by blugirlami21
  • Love 5

Re-watch thoughts:

Bloodwork is one of the very few villains that have successfully messed with Barry's mind. The only other ones I'd count are Prism (from season 1) and Reverse Flash (but with RF it's more like messing with Barry's heart?).

It's amusing to me that the show's promo photos are the 'family photos' that are framed and set up around the loft and Iris' office.

I liked that Iris got some support and praise from Allegra; but I wish she had a similar scene with Joe and Barry also, who are the closest to her.

Kinda love that both the speedforce and Ramsey know that Iris is Barry's trigger! But that happens whenever someone gets into his head - consistency!

The tombstones of dead people Barry feels bad about (clearly in order of importance): Leonard Snart, H.R. Wells, Eddie Thawne, Harrison Wells, Martin Stein, Nora Allen, Henry Allen, Nora West-Allen, and Barry Allen.

Again, Grant is really great conveying emotions with just his face.

Didn't notice until I watched the stream online, but Iris has a veil on in Barry's red/black nightmare; a funeral outfit.

That Baby Nora was so cute! Great job casting department! Also editing department for showing that she's a runner already:

a159dc358beccd43e7a270c180b8d1908739c411

And the blanket in Nora's lightning colors - good job, Props!

Again, all those feelings and fears of both Barry and Iris should have been recurring before this episode.

Blood!Flash's lightning is white/gray/black(?).

Iris: "I'm staying with you for the whole night...*hint*hint*"
Barry: ...
Iris: That is NOT my husband!

-- LOL!

• Love 1