Type keyword(s) to search

S14.E06: The Janitor Always Mops Twice

• Start Topic

In the black-and-white noir world of his memory, Charlie navigates the seedy underbelly of Philadelphia when Frank is "diarrhea poisoned," and it's up to Charlie to clean up the mess.

Edited by Lantern7

Well. That was fun. And disgusting. This would have been run-of-the-mill, but the noir setting kicked things up. Also, watching Dee’s attempts to play femme fatale and having everyone else call her “goon,” and the other dents in the fourth wall? Classic.

Lesson learned: bleach isn’t the universal negator of poison. If anything, it makes things worse. I think we all knew that, but it helps to be reminded. Charlie will keep chewing on the poisoned cherry pie, though.

This was great. Loved the production values and the funny little anachronisms like the janitor having a computer on his desk despite the setting in the noir-ish 1940s.

Speaking of the poisoned pie, do people actually eat pie with a spoon? Other than pie à la mode, that is.

Edited by Joimiaroxeu
6 hours ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

This was great. Loved the production values and the funny little anachronisms like the janitor having a computer on his desk despite the setting in the noir-ish 1940s.

Speaking of the poisoned pie, do people actually eat pie with a spoon? Other than pie à la mode, that is.

I always like stylized parodies. It's part of why Community was so great. (I even watched like a season of Yes, Dear because the first episode I saw had an homage to The Usual Suspects.)

This was good. They had a lot of fun with the language while keeping the characters true conversation and breaking style just often enough. My one criticism is that the red was a little too oversaturated to the point of being distracting. I know why they did it but it could have been darker while still being distinct from black and white.

• Love 3

The Waitress looked fantastic too. Episodes that feature Charlie heavily are really good. I actually think he's the most diverse actor on the show in terms of chops.

I did like the noir dialogue punctuated by 'regular' talking, usually at Dee's expense.

• Love 2

As I think about it, I do have a problem with this episode in that I don't know how it fits with the continuity. "The Gang Turns Black" was just a dream by Old Black Man. "The Gang Cracks the Liberty Bell" was just a story they were telling. "The Gang Goes to Hell" might as well be accurate, just told in a misleading way.

So what's accurate here? Did The Waitress actually team up with Frank on a cherry scheme and Charlie is just romanticizing how it went down? Or was this all just his imagination? It's weird because there was no closure.

• Love 1
On 11/3/2019 at 7:00 PM, Amarsir said:

As I think about it, I do have a problem with this episode in that I don't know how it fits with the continuity.

I'm guessing that it was intended to be totally out-of-continuity. Just a drop-in, stand-alone genre exercise.

• Love 1