Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E03: Chapter 11 - An Odd Couple Occurs

On 10/25/2019 at 9:55 PM, Paloma said:

I'll wait until others post before saying more, but Norman's dinner with Madelyn and Phoebe was sad.

I was loving the episode until that happened 😟😞😢

ETA: I can’t stop wondering if Madelyn had a substance abuse problem sometime in the last 50 years —or maybe she lost a child to substance abuse. 
It seems they are keeping this as primarily a comedy rather than an all-out dramedy, so hopefully they won’t wallow in these issues.

The scene with Sandy and his acting students was Emmyable.

Edited by shapeshifter
  • Love 1

That dinner was sad in a way. Madeline did mention later her husband wasn't the nicest person.

I feel when they have all the substance abuse issues with Norman's daughter, how could Michael Douglas not think of his own son (which was worse) I feel a lot of families could relate. My coworkers partner had her family strained greatly from a daughter who was abusing drugs and stealing. So sad.

• Love 1
On 10/26/2019 at 9:30 PM, shapeshifter said:

I was loving the episode until that happened 😟😞😢

It did bring the comedy to an abrupt stop and was painful to watch, but it also seemed realistic that Norman would react that way given Phoebe's history and his personality. I'm sure it must be hard for him to believe that she has made a complete turnaround in attitude and behavior. And this is not the first time this show has mixed comedy with drama, though perhaps not as quickly and completely into drama.

• Love 1

I hope if they have a season 3, they don't her fall again. It would be too much and at 45 or so, a bit tired. They can do a lot with her character without that.

I watched the last episode from last year again. It was so sweet with Norman and Sandy at his home, he wanted to stay with him and their banter was so funny and poignant.

I feel as funny as it was this year, it was written better season one.

I thought Norman was having trouble watching his daughter be so nice with the girlfriend when she was so awful to her mom. Since Madelyn won’t talk about her past, I assume she has some drug issue in her past.  We just discovered this show and are loving it!!

• Love 1