Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E01: Harley Wears a Wig / S02.E02: Harley Loses a Finger

ohjoy
  • Start Topic

Episode 1: Harley takes on his first official case as a P.I. when Bishop local Neil Jacott asks him to help track down his missing wife – but things are not quite as they seem. Joyce Boyle arrives in town and takes over as the new chief of police for Bishop P.D., inspiring Sam’s interest and Harley’s suspicions. Also, Dot deals with her new normal after the passing of her husband Koji.

Episode 2: When a group of British grifters come to Bishop, Harley and the gang find themselves thrust into a Guy Ritchie-style caper and locked into a game of cat and mouse with a charming British conman.

Originally aired: 2019/10/25

If for no other reason, I would love this show for using the term "pissing off".

But it's also giving me real life marrieds Colin Mochrie and Debra McGrath as the married couple,  And it's a really funny show, from Harley to Dave to Dot to guest actors.

I like Sydney Poitier Heartsong's energy, strong enough to match Jerry O'Connell's but not as frantic.

The only real flaw was Conspiracy Neil's wife buying a present for her parent's 40th anniversary. Debra McGrath is a fine looking woman but she's 65, there's no way she can pass for someone under 40.

• Love 3
9 hours ago, statsgirl said:

The only real flaw was Conspiracy Neil's wife buying a present for her parent's 40th anniversary. Debra McGrath is a fine looking woman but she's 65, there's no way she can pass for someone under 40.

I didn't really think of it during the show but you are absolutely right.

I really enjoyed this episode but I'm sad that Koji is gone.  The actor died in 2018; they put an In Memoriam at the end of the show.

I'm afraid I couldn't stay up for the second episode, will have to get it in reruns. 

Edited by Trey
  • Love 1

I thought that the first episode was better than the second one, which seemed to be more SOP Carter. But still fun, and a idea to respect Koji's death.

I'm not sure about the new police chief. On the one hand, it's good that they moved on from the two dimensional chief of last season but I'm impressed by him yet.

• Love 2

Loved both episodes. 
And I am very relieved that both scripts and executions (executions of scripts, not characters) were stronger than ever. 

Best in-script tribute I’ve ever seen to an actor.  Riverdale’s recent tribute to Luke Perry was touching and appropriate, but this was more organic, IMO. 

An article on Denis Akiyama and his passing: https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/denis-akiyama-dead-johnny-mnemonic-pixels-actor-dies-at-66-1124688

• Love 3

Oops, I nearly forgot that this show was about to return. I just love how often the writing takes a sledgehammer to the fourth wall. There are few shows that are funny and quirky and entertaining and lighthearted like this one and the cast is just fantastic. I loved both episodes and can't wait to see what happens to the poor cat. (Sad about Koji - that's a really sweet tribute to the actor).

• Love 2