Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E01: Josh vs. the Apocalypse: Part 1

paulvdb

15 hours ago, methodwriter85 said:

Ah, yes, the time-honored tradition of the "high school outcast" being a really hunky college-aged guy.

It is a funny trope.  Its been a little while since I've been in high school, but I'm fairly sure any guy who looked like Josh would have been at or near the apex of school social life.

Edited by jcin617
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, jcin617 said:

It is a funny troupe.  Its been a little while since I've been in high school, but I'm fairly sure any guy who looked like Josh would have been at or near the apex of school social life.

In a real high school, a new guy who looked like Josh would have had girls throwing themselves at him left and right.

I love the symbolism of the adults being zombies.

Edited by methodwriter85
  • Love 1

I had a little trouble with the beginning of it. Josh gave kind of a Ferris Bueller vibe, in the sense that the writers obviously thought he was far more clever and adorable than I did. I actually found him kind of punchable at first, but once there were some other characters for him to interact with it became a much smoother show.

• Love 2
4 hours ago, CletusMusashi said:

I had a little trouble with the beginning of it. Josh gave kind of a Ferris Bueller vibe, in the sense that the writers obviously thought he was far more clever and adorable than I did. I actually found him kind of punchable at first, but once there were some other characters for him to interact with it became a much smoother show.

Oh, yeah, the Ferris Bueller vibe is pretty intentional. I mean, duh, Matthew Broderick.

This feels like a mashup of Gen X, Millennial, and Gen Z references.

• Love 3
On 11/11/2019 at 7:50 PM, Ireland77 said:

I laughed at the numerous Supernatural references (“Sam Dean”) since Colin Ford played a young Sam Winchester. 

I thought he looked familiar! Awesome.