Type keyword(s) to search

Roman Roy: Jagger/Tarzan Rockstar?

scrb
  • Start Topic

From Argestes, S02E06:

"Is there an angle here for a team-up? Like me, kind of like a Jagger/Tarzan fronting things up and swingin' through the trees with my little dick singin', killin' shit, and you back home cookin' us soup and makin' sure the numbers are right. Hmm? Rockstar and the mole woman?"

So some highlights of Roman so far:

Masturbated in his office after becoming COO.  Masturbated while having phone sex with Gerri.  Masturbated in Gerri's suite bathroom.

Caved on the boardroom vote, after making a deal with Kendall, actually trying to recruit board members to vote against Logan, he voted for Logan in the no-confidence vote under Logan's withering stare.

Accelerated the rocket launch in Japan, which led to the rocket blowing up.  Someone lost some fingers.

Accused Conor of having high ambitions despite having no experience, said that maybe he should work as a clerk at Duane Rede before running for the presidency of the US.

But he gets some of the best lines in the show and he has this sneering, hyena-like laugh that sounds like some comic book villain that I can't place, maybe kind of like the Joker but probably some lesser-known character.  I think McCulkin is actually channeling that character with the laugh.

Edited by scrb
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1

Roman didn't want to try to make the deal with Eduard when Logan asked him to in "DC."

I think there's a lack of confidence, which is to be expected since he doesn't have the experience of making such deals or generally in business.

Logan was desperate and not taking a "no" for an answer so he goes, first to Scotland to sweet-talk Eduard, and then to Turkey for an "investor conference."

He didn't seem too confident about having to pitch the deal to Eduard's father either.

Being taken hostage while trying to save family-control over Roystar might give him a leg up on his siblings, at least for the moment.

If he comes out alive, of course.

11 hours ago, scrb said:

Roman didn't want to try to make the deal with Eduard when Logan asked him to in "DC."

I think there's a lack of confidence, which is to be expected since he doesn't have the experience of making such deals or generally in business.

Logan was desperate and not taking a "no" for an answer so he goes, first to Scotland to sweet-talk Eduard, and then to Turkey for an "investor conference."

He didn't seem too confident about having to pitch the deal to Eduard's father either.

Being taken hostage while trying to save family-control over Roystar might give him a leg up on his siblings, at least for the moment.

If he comes out alive, of course.

I've thought for a while that Roman's greatest strength, particularly compared to his siblings, is that underneath all his bluster, he has no illusions about his level of ability, and we saw that borne out when Roman hesitated at the idea of being entrusted with the responsibility of something "really important" for the company.

There was also this interesting exchange in the car:

Laird: You want to hear 20 of my best minutes on Turko-Azerbaijani relations?

Roman: What, the oil pipeline cooperation, the military or diplomatic links, or the deeper cultural sympathies?

Laird (smiling, impressed): Ah.

Laird is maybe the only person whose opinion Logan truly respects, from what we saw in 2x01, so the fact that Roman was able to impress him is not nothing.

While Roman's weak, unconvincing pep talk with the Hearts was played for laughs, it's pretty sad when you think that Roman probably has no idea how to offer genuine-sounding praise and encouragement, since he has never received any himself.

Edited by Eyes High
  • Love 5

Looks like Caitlin Fitzgerald (Tabitha) won't be in this season as she's not credited in any of the 2021 episodes.

Last episode she was credited in was Dundee so she wasn't in either of the final 2 episodes of S02.

Makes sense, that is when Roman went to Turkey to try to get money to take Waystar private and then he was held hostage and finally got out for the finale.

They had an interesting dynamic, Roman and Tabitha, who continually mocked him for them not having sex.  Why did he even get together with her, because he wanted to troll Tom?  Why was she interested in him?

In any event, they're doubling down on Roman and Gerri, for now.

• Love 1
On 10/20/2021 at 5:56 PM, aghst said:

Looks like Caitlin Fitzgerald (Tabitha) won't be in this season as she's not credited in any of the 2021 episodes.

They had an interesting dynamic, Roman and Tabitha, who continually mocked him for them not having sex.  Why did he even get together with her, because he wanted to troll Tom?  

When he first saw her at the bachelor party he said she looked like someone his dad would be into or something like that. I'd guess the actress has another gig since even Roman's retconned-wife got a real break-up scene.

Edited by Lady S.

I rewatched the first episode last night and it’s been bugging me- who were the lady and young girl with Roman? I think I initially assumed he was married and that was his daughter, but now three seasons later and I don’t remember them at all. Did he get divorced and I missed it or is it ever explained who they are?

24 minutes ago, deaja said:

I rewatched the first episode last night and it’s been bugging me- who were the lady and young girl with Roman? I think I initially assumed he was married and that was his daughter, but now three seasons later and I don’t remember them at all. Did he get divorced and I missed it or is it ever explained who they are?

Obviously in the pilot he's supposed to be married and then they changed their mind, so in the Thanksgiving episode of S1 that woman leaves him. She's his girlfriend and the little girl is her daughter.

Edited by sistermagpie

Roman is pretty awful on paper, the things he did in the first season and then the dick pics to Gerri and now firing two women in the final season.

He's damaged but he also perpetrates abuse on others.

Sure as rich scion he was going to have privilege but he hasn't shown he deserves anything.  He went to that flimsy training course and he bungled the rocket launch.

Now he loses it with Mattson and ruins Kendal's plan to make Mattson give up the Gojo acquisition of Waystar.

So they portrayed him in ways that could elicit sympathy but random people having to deal with him would only see the spoiled brat, cocky and toxic exterior.

• Like 2